Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Your post/coding Milestones!

Started by Unicorn, May 01, 2015, 05:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

You might want to cut down a bit though, some dont add anything at all ._.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Ahem, look who is talking! ;p

So yeah, stop the offtopic, fellows, this is the place to post miscallenous posting/coding milestones, not arguing about spammin'/posting, okay? ^^
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

How many words per post (excluding quotes and source code) did they have in total compared to mine, though? :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Snektron

That'd require a few MySQuirreL calls, but defenitely doable :)

Unicorn

Yeah, DJ probably has more words per post than me. I'll also stop posting spamish things.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

This kind of database request will be probably quite expensive and shouldn't let be asked for many times.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Cemetech has a feature that counts your average words per posts and it doesn't appear that resource-heavy. I am curious about how Kerm does it...

Another thing I wish we had was a SMF 2.0 version of the monthly post stats per user mod. In your profile, it showed how many posts you made every month. Sadly, the author of that mod abandoned it before Omni even started using SMF.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on May 12, 2015, 05:44:52 AM
This kind of database request will be probably quite expensive and shouldn't let be asked for many times.
Well, that would depend on how you implement it. I mean if you have a row for every user (and only count total words, not per-post) i'd just require one or two calls when posting. Though it would not count the previous posts, but that is a one-time process and can be done when theres less activity

Dream of Omnimaga

It would only be visible in the user profile I think. Cemetech probably had a reason to not make it visible in topic view.

Snektron

Yeah because then you need to save it per-topic, or even per-post instead of only per-user. Though per-topic and per-post would only add a single column, it will probably  take way more processing power.

Dream of Omnimaga

My concern is if there are 15 different posters in one topic page, then it would take 15 times more processing power to check how many words per post in average the user has.

Also Juju should put a copy of his post stats graph (see bottom of page) on CW server. It should preferably be a version from March 5th 2012 or older, in case he lost his authors rights for it after being demoted from Omnimaga admin (unless back then he released it under a license or copyrighted it to himself instead of Omni?). Although Cooliojazz made the recent posts mod that Omnimaga uses, since he released it under Omnimaga git repository with no license, so he can no longer grant permission by himself to other websites for using it (OmnomIRC is fine because it's released under the GPL). That post stats graph would be interesting so we could see a graphical representation of our site activity over the last months, plus the 2012 version had an average line, unlike newer versions. However, that version lacks the years https://web.archive.org/web/20111210085134/http://www.omnimaga.org/statsgraph.php .

alexgt

Hey I just got past 300 posts YAY! 308 to be exact.
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

princetonlion.tibd

I'm still struggling to get to 200 posts :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Unicorn

Woop Woop!  :w00t:

505 posts!!!!  ;D

CKH4, I coming for you!!!!  >:D

??? ??? ??? ??? ???