Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

The micro USB to micro USB question

Started by xMarminq_, October 01, 2016, 02:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xMarminq_

I have a USB to USB cable from my calculator, which is a TI-84 plus CE,Since they can export files, maybe they can export frames of a game for multiplayer game! That would be cool. Let me know about this.
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

E37

It can export frames for a multiplayer game!
It would be much more efficient to instead share key presses or something similar, and let each calc draw the screen separately.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

DarkestEx

Indeed, E37 is right there. Sending a screenshot is quite slow and your framerate would be really bad. Also you would need to use the backbuffer of the sender calc as a framebuffer to generate the frame to be sent. Grayscale would be impossible anyways.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

True. That said, the Casio fx-9860g can achieve it fine, but it requires modifying the game code with some add-on to add screenshotting capabilities in it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U