Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CSE] HP Prime Tunnel Demake (2013)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, February 04, 2015, 09:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

This is the xLIBC version of my color Tunnel game, for use with Doors CSE 8.0 on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. Originally released for the HP Prime graphing calculator and written in HP PPL language, this 84+CSE demake was adapted to run within the limitations of the lower end 15 MHz platforn, as well as those of TI-BASIC and xLIBC. Requires Doors CSE 8.0. UPDATE: Car is now drawn with a sprite instead of rectangles, now that DCS supports inline sprites, allowing faster speed.

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/456/45655.html
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

tr1p1ea

I really love the colours in this game, so nice.

I should investigate scrolling on the CSE to see if it can be improved for speed/ease.

Dream of Omnimaga

Thanks. :) The colors are heavily based on the HP Prime version of this game and to my surprised, xLIBC colors had a very good range that made it possible to mimic the HP game as much as possible. The only difference was the fonts and lack of real-time score update.

Speed-wise, the main issue right now is that xLIBC splits the display in two buffers, but those buffers cannot be shifted around. If we could do that then we could simply redraw every sprite at the exact same location each frame and shift the screen (and buffers) around. Another idea would be to allow drawing sprites/shapes outside the 160 pixels range that the buffer offers, if the user specifies an extra optional argument called OFFScreenDrawEnable (set to 0 or nothing if disabled and 1 if enabled). I'm unsure how hard this would be to implement, though.

That said, it depends if you still plan to update xLIBC and if the 84+CE/83PCE allows hardware scrolling and half-res mode.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U