Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Any 3D Ti-84 plus CE games? & 2 player games

Started by xMarminq_, October 02, 2016, 07:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xMarminq_

Any that there are available or works in progress that are 3D?  :P

Also, i think with the micro USB to micro USB cable that came with my CE, I wonder that there are any 2 player games too. The screens don't have to be simultaneously simulated, but have your score and your screen but only have your partners score. This could be used for a battleship game or a small 2D shooter like Vertix.io (Could be used for an inspiration).

Thanks for any responses!  :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

kotu

i think the cable is only for transferrinng OS from one calc to another...... from what i understand some work needs to be done before it could be used for 2 player games

i don't know of any 3D games yet, but I have an idea for a 3D-esque (2D silhouettes) mech game  (-_(//));
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

xMarminq_

kotu

months away if it does get released

i'm working on something else at the moment.

*edit*
in response to your question in the chat, use ummy video downloader.... to download a MP4 video... then you need to convert the MP4 to a GIF....... google "mp4 video to gif"

hope that helps.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

TheMachine02

There is some works, but no game in realisation currently. 3D on calc is still highly experimental, so don't expect a full 3d game anytime soon. It is possible though, as showed by the last gLib (my engine) and solidframe ( @tr1p1ea  engine) progress :

(glib)

(solidframe)

kotu

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, given that the TI-83+ came out in 1999, yet only had about 6 3D games and no polygon-based game, I doubt we will see a full 3D game happen on the CE, except maybe raycasting, mode-7 or pseudo 3D, unless Tr1p1ea and TheMachine02 ever decides to make games using their respective 3D engines. As for 2-player games, it depends if the TI-84 Plus CE supports transfers between calculators. In TI-BASIC, you would need to use the getCalc() command on the receiving calculator end. Basically, when the other player dies, his calculator would have to be put in Pause mode, else the receiving calc cannot get the data. And vice-versa.

And nah Kotu those two 3D engines are on the TI-84 Plus CE (although the first one used to be on the TI-84 Plus and the second one on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

Dream of Omnimaga

@TheMachine02 might need to correct me, but I think it does. It used to be written in Axe and Z80 ASM on the monochrome models.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

TheMachine02

No, this is correct  :) The initial version was entirely written in axe, then I switch to z80 asm to do an axiom, and then it became a full ez80 asm engine when switching to the CE. I still plan to do a C linking though.

xMarminq_

Quote from: kotu on October 03, 2016, 02:14:03 AM
months away if it does get released

i'm working on something else at the moment.

*edit*
in response to your question in the chat, use ummy video downloader.... to download a MP4 video... then you need to convert the MP4 to a GIF....... google "mp4 video to gif"

hope that helps.

Do you know how much space it will take per frame? Or am I on my own...   :-|

EDIT

How can I view it too?

Dream of Omnimaga

It probably depends of what compression is used, if any.

Dudeman313

Quote from: TheMachine02 on October 03, 2016, 04:26:04 PM
There is some works, but no game in realisation currently. 3D on calc is still highly experimental, so don't expect a full 3d game anytime soon. It is possible though, as showed by the last gLib (my engine) and solidframe ( @tr1p1ea  engine) progress :

(glib)

(solidframe)
When there is an effective way to make smooth 3D games for the CE, I'd like to see something like Galaxy on Fire, maybe based off that second screenshot there.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

p2

the speed of the second one sure is impressive, but it's quality is pretty crappy.
I wonder how fast gLib would be running a game lake 2.d pic but with improved model quality ^^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)