Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Project showcases

Started by E37, July 26, 2016, 06:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E37

I have several projects I have been working on and finished. (Although I am always looking for ways to improve them)
Here is a list of my best, which should I show first?
Editor: A small font program editor, and my proudest creation. I have implemented many features already, and am always open to adding new features.
Oops: Oops is a Axe library designed for combat games. It can handle huge amounts of "objects" and its only purpose is to handle a stack of them. (no collisions or anything fancy like that)
Solver: It adds a hook onto the standard screen letting you type in equations like "5+8A=94A^2" and spit out the answers for A (or any other variable) along with some other fancy features.
Staxm: a simple axiom that allows you to pop and push variables in Axe.
I'll probably go over one every couple weeks. (To give them time to shine or crash)
What order should I go over them?
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

Dream of Omnimaga

You are free to create separate topics if you want, for the bigger projects (such as the program editor). They would have more visibility (depending of the name). Anyway I haven't checked the editor yet but I definitively am curious about what has been done so far. :)

You can also showcase them all at once but keep in mind during Summer and September that most people are away so you might not get as many replies.

As for Oops, by combat do you mean Street Fighter or can it be like space shooters?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

E37

Pop's goal is to handle a large amount of objects of arbitrary size and run them all at a command. Useful for a fighter game where there are a large amount of creatures that need to be run each loop. It could control a hoard of fighters.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok, thanks for explaining. I was confused because most fighting games only involve 1 vs 1 battles.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U