Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Windows 7 Downloads

Started by DarkestEx, May 01, 2015, 03:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkestEx

As you all might have noticed, Microsoft took Windows 7 down from its digitalriver site.
But if you still need the image here are some official mirrors of the image (completely legal).
Note that even if they say german they all have the option to set them to english when installing them.

Windows 7 Home Premium:
http://winfuture.de/downloadvorschalt,2662.html

Windows 7 Professional:
http://winfuture.de/downloadvorschalt,3291.html

I hope they're useful to you.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Yuki

This thread is legally dubious, but I guess it's OK as long you don't give out product keys.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DarkestEx

Quote from: Juju on May 01, 2015, 03:19:54 PM
This thread is legally dubious, but I guess it's OK as long you don't give out product keys.
Of course I don't give them out.
The link are okay. They're deeplinks from Winfuture.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah that's what I guessed. You need the key to use those Windows images.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Well you can install and use these without a key but it's just a trial period, after that you need to activate it with a legit key or a crack.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh nice I didn't know. That can be handy to see if we like it Iguess :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Dream of Omnimaga

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 01, 2015, 04:33:27 PM
Linux users? :P

Most Linux users needs Windows to download their favourite distro, unless the computers come with Linux or something.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Strontium

Nope. I installed Arch Linux on a laptop that came with Windows without actually touching Windows.

I hate non-*nix environments because I have no clue how to do anything, so I was unable to actually get the install iso onto my USB stick from Windows. Instead, I found my dads laptop and installed the iso onto my USB stick using the dd command.
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Snektron

So you're running Linux off an USB?
Also, i don't want to windows-fanboy, but you know, google. Anyway whatever works i suppose :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Strontium

No. I said I installed the installation ISO on the USB
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Snektron

oohhh wait, i get it now :s. gg2me
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Actually, sharing the iso is a good thing. Nadeo did the same with Trackmania United Forever as you need the product key to register to the game. It helped me as my CD broke... :/
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I agree. That said, always make sure that the ISO files are officially made available by the company who made them before sharing links to them, because just because the Windows 7 ISOs might be legal doesn't mean every ISO that requires a serial but doesn't come with one are.