You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

SWL screenshot/video thread

Previous topic - Next topic

b/[Completed] Walrii Games (TI/HP/PC/2600) publicado por u/Dream of Omnimaga December 31, 2014, 05:07:05 PM
So this will be the official screenshot and video thread for my platform game Super Walrii Land.

Below, you can see a video of a Walrii flight sequence on a real calculator (hard-coded, since the game engine isn't done)

And a GIF version (although choppy):

This animation will be in the CodeWalrus ad video on Youtube, but slowed down.
Inicia sesión o crea una cuenta para dejar un comentario
u/Yuki December 31, 2014, 08:33:34 PM
dat flying walrus and parallax scrolling.
u/Dream of Omnimaga December 31, 2014, 08:43:45 PM
Indeed. :D

When you pre-render everything into a large picture then draw all three layers (including the sprite) on top of each others, it's much faster than redrawing the map tile by tile every frame.

The only issue is that this can render the calculator unstable.
u/Duke "Tape" Eiyeron December 31, 2014, 08:46:37 PM
DAT fps :thumbsup:
u/aetios December 31, 2014, 08:56:48 PM
Nice stuff! Wish I could play it :||
u/Dream of Omnimaga January 01, 2015, 08:19:56 AM
Thanks. I hope eventually you can get an HP Prime to try it. I hope HP fixes the bugs too. It really has potential.
u/TIfanx1999 January 02, 2015, 01:40:02 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 31, 2014, 05:07:05 PM
So this will be the official screenshot and video thread for my platform game Super Walrii Land.

Below, you can see a video of a Walrii flight sequence on a real calculator (hard-coded, since the game engine isn't done)

And a GIF version (although choppy):

This animation will be in the CodeWalrus ad video on Youtube, but slowed down.

What the...?  O.O Well, now I understand the Walrus flying thing.  :)
u/bb010g January 02, 2015, 01:53:31 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 31, 2014, 08:43:45 PM
Indeed. :D

When you pre-render everything into a large picture then draw all three layers (including the sprite) on top of each others, it's much faster than redrawing the map tile by tile every frame.

The only issue is that this can render the calculator unstable.
Unstable?
u/Dream of Omnimaga January 02, 2015, 04:07:35 AM
Yeah, when I run this program, if I keep mashing the ENTER key while holding down an arrow for most of the program duration (5 seconds approximately), then once it exists, the calculator reboots. It seems more common if I keep the arrow held down until the very end, though.
u/novenary January 03, 2015, 11:32:15 PM
Wow. O.O That looks amazingly fast, I can foresee an awesome game. :D
u/Dream of Omnimaga January 04, 2015, 07:03:53 AM
Thanks, I just hope the calculator will be cooperative despite its issues. :P I would hate if this project died just because the calculator ever decided to crash every 15 second of gameplay. :P
u/aetios January 08, 2015, 04:39:10 PM
That would suck. SWL looks way too cool to die.
u/novenary January 08, 2015, 05:01:02 PM
It's too young to die. :P
u/p2 December 22, 2016, 08:26:07 PM
I reeeeally love the little flying walrus, and it looked just great in the vid ^.^
But I suppose this project was abandoned, right...? :/

necroposting, yaay ^.^
u/Dream of Omnimaga December 22, 2016, 09:14:27 PM
Pretty much all my projects are dead right now <_<
Start a Discussion

b/[Completed] Walrii Games (TI/HP/PC/2600)

Smaller or early stage games featuring the site's walrus mascot are featured here.

Topics
Explore Board
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators