You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

(Results out!) The Walrii programming contest comes to an end!

Locked Topic Previous topic - Next topic

b/Contests publicado por u/Dream of Omnimaga January 20, 2016, 01:21:12 AM
Well, it's the end of the 2nd CodeWalrus contest! This one was about walruses. Thanks to everyone who submitted an entry!

You were a total of 5 contestants who submitted an entry, they have now been screened and accepted by staff! The downloads will appear inside the survey in this topic at any moment!

You are now free to release your own copy of the entry or updates in your topic and if you couldn't enter in time, then we still encourage you to continue working on your walrus game as a regular project.

Meanwhile, entries will be judged then once both judging and voting are over, the scores will be combined like during the 4x3 contest last Spring. You only have two weeks to vote.

Have fun! :3=

UPDATE (Feb 2nd 2016): The final results are out! http://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=1074.0
Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 03:30:45 AM by DJ Omnimaga
Inicia sesión o crea una cuenta para dejar un comentario
u/ordelore January 20, 2016, 02:38:34 AM
I see a suspicious lack of a video 😈
u/Dream of Omnimaga January 20, 2016, 02:41:41 AM
Yes. Your entry was rejected because it was just a link to the Youtube rickroll. :P
u/Unicorn January 20, 2016, 04:49:36 AM
Great job getting everything in on time everyone! I sure had to rush... (I barely paid any attention in school :P)

So can we release different version of our game now? I want to finish it up...
u/Dream of Omnimaga January 20, 2016, 06:56:06 AM
Yes, you can now release updates. But the contest poll will still links to the last entry received via e-mail, like last time.
u/kegwaan January 20, 2016, 12:10:24 PM
The ones that I've tried are all fun (c4ooo, JWinslow23, and Unicorn). I wish that @JWinslow23 continued development for Wal-Rush on calc <_< still a lot of fun though
I haven't gotten to try Zampy's Quest because I don't on an HP Prime, which is a shame because I've been following that topic and waiting for it  to be released. But I do have the HP Prime Emulator, so if someone could tell me how to transfer the program to the emu, that'd be great.
Great job everyone  :thumbsup:
P.S. sorry semiprocoder, I don't have an Nspire or an Nspire emu so I won't be able to play yours  :'(
u/JWinslow23 January 20, 2016, 12:43:37 PM
First off, kegwaan, it's "Wal-Rush!". Get it right :P

Second off, I'm glad to see a formidable competition here. Unfortunately, I do not have an HP Prime or Nspire, nor do I plan to get one before voting is over, so I will not vote for an entry (if any of you were hoping for a little boost by me :P ). Good luck, everyone, and may the best programmer win! :thumbsup:
u/alexgt January 20, 2016, 12:56:53 PM
When I get home I will try out them all ;)
u/Unicorn January 20, 2016, 06:12:36 PM
Quote from: kegwaan on January 20, 2016, 12:10:24 PM
The ones that I've tried are all fun (c4ooo, JWinslow23, and Unicorn). I wish that @JWinslow23 continued development for Wal-Rush on calc <_< still a lot of fun though
I haven't gotten to try Zampy's Quest because I don't on an HP Prime, which is a shame because I've been following that topic and waiting for it  to be released. But I do have the HP Prime Emulator, so if someone could tell me how to transfer the program to the emu, that'd be great.
Great job everyone  :thumbsup:
P.S. sorry semiprocoder, I don't have an Nspire or an Nspire emu so I won't be able to play yours  :'(
If you have the connectivity software open and have the emulator running, the connectivity software will find it like a real calculator. Then you drag and drop the program to the calc, I believe. (I might be wrong abut this, check with alexgt0
u/Dream of Omnimaga January 20, 2016, 07:58:31 PM
Yeah I like what I see from the entries, especially considering the deadline. Also for the HP Prime emulator you need to put the programs in documents and settings/appdata/roaming/HP Prime or something like that.

EDIT: Here is a video by alexgt on how to get Zampy Quest to run:

Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 12:58:38 AM by DJ Omnimaga
u/Dudeman313 January 21, 2016, 12:54:51 AM
Something slightly off-topic:
How come there's no Ninja Walrii?
u/Dream of Omnimaga January 21, 2016, 12:58:28 AM
I think the Microcat Walrii could count as one actually. Check the Walrii fanart thread for it. Or you could try to make one :)

Also @Unicorn the video you wanted is in my previous post. :)
u/Dudeman313 January 21, 2016, 01:02:23 AM
How can I test the other games(the ones not for TI-84+ or PC) when I don't have those systems?
u/alexgt January 21, 2016, 01:04:44 AM
If you have a computer you can use WabbitEMU to emulate them. Find it here https://wabbit.codeplex.com/
u/Dudeman313 January 21, 2016, 01:10:39 AM
Thanks!
Where can I get an HP Prime ROM?
Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:01:40 AM by Dudeman313
Start a Discussion

b/Contests

Sub-forum to discuss past, present and future CodeWalrus competitions and challenges.

Topics
Explore Board
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators