Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Installing TI-nspire CAS OS onto a CX version

Started by hll9264, March 04, 2016, 12:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hll9264

Hello fellow Walruses!  I'm new to this community and this is my first project!  I managed to download Ndless 3.6 onto my TI-nspire CX calculator.  Now I'm looking for help to download the CAS OS.  I noticed under Ndless apps https://ndless-apps.org/ there's a file called NCalc with the description "Native access to the CAS engine," does this mean it's a download for the CAS OS?  I also noticed it won't give me the option to download this file.  Any Walrus friends willing to help a new walrus on the block?  ;D

Adriweb

nCalc would just work on a (CX) CAS device, it's was a POC to show access to the math engine from C/C++. It won't give you CAS on a CX non-CAS.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

What is your hardware version, by the way? I thought that nLaunchy worked on hardware I or lower. However we wouldn't be able to help you to specifically load a CAS OS on your calculator, but there are most likely plenty of nLaunchy tutorials out there if your calculator is still supported. But if you have a newer model and nLaunchy is still not supported, then you might be out of luck, and Adriweb's solution might be your best alternative.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

If you installed OS 3.6, I think you're in no luck as IIRC nlaunchy only works from older OSes. Don't new OSes have new protection in the boot2 etc? However, from what I see in the other topic your calc should be compatible with nlaunchy hardware wise as it came with os 3.0.2.
ceci n'est pas une signature

hll9264

Sorry yall I'm confused by all this terminology.  Am I not able to get the CAS on my CX?  I upgraded to 3.6 through the tutorial download files, I didn't use TI's download, so maybe that'll allow me to downgrade?  My hardware version is C.