Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Claw development system, a multiplatform programming platform [multiplatform]

Started by DarkestEx, May 07, 2016, 05:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E37

Quote from: DarkestEx on September 29, 2016, 09:18:57 PM
@E37, could you please remove the function of most of the keys that are not used, including tan sin cos log ln sto . x-1 x2 X,T,O,n
You might also want to drop the jump list based approach to save memory. Apart from that, the editor is really awsome :thumbsup:
I'm still working on it and hope to make it better!
unless claw uses 1/8 of the keys then the jump approach is still smaller and faster.
Glad you like it!
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

E37

More things!  :w00t:
I'm going to slowly port the IDE to assembly (for my own benefit!)
I hope that I can use some of the assembly to optimize the Axe version.
Don't worry! It won't slow down the development of the Axe version.

I am working on trying to fix an out-of-nowhere-unexplainable-unfixable-bug-of-death right now. It won't die! :banghead:
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!

DarkestEx

Quote from: E37 on October 01, 2016, 11:22:02 PM
More things!  :w00t:
I'm going to slowly port the IDE to assembly (for my own benefit!)
I hope that I can use some of the assembly to optimize the Axe version.
Don't worry! It won't slow down the development of the Axe version.

I am working on trying to fix an out-of-nowhere-unexplainable-unfixable-bug-of-death right now. It won't die! :banghead:
Sounds great :D

Good luck finding the bug ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

E37

I was working on the assembly version when I was struck by the obvious! I realized that I was using assembler (no duh genius!) and could create multi-page apps! So what? Let's see what hacky things I can do!  ;D First off, I can compile programs with Axe as an app. Then, I can send it to my pc. There I can open it to get at the hex inside. I can paste in the app as data in spasm. (removing the checksums) That will run the data in my 'new' app.  :w00t: Then I can create the second page separately in axe, and paste the second 'page' app in as the second page of the app! Now, this is incredibly hacky (and there is a good chance that I can't paste the code like that) But it's worth a shot! If it works it will kill so many problems at once! (And I will have sooooo many bragging rights that I will go crazy  >:D)
I'm basically waiting for someone to scream, "Wait Jacob, that's a HORRIBLE IDEA!!!"

(If nothing else works, pure assembly version to the rescue!)  (-_(//));

TheMachine02

Huh, well it doubt it will work. You'll have a call and jp issue  :P There won't point to the right adress in the code and it will most likely crash. You can always try though ...

E37

Quote from: TheMachine02 on October 04, 2016, 06:43:59 AM
Huh, well it doubt it will work. You'll have a call and jp issue  :P There won't point to the right adress in the code and it will most likely crash. You can always try though ...
That's why I'll copy it from when it is already compiled. Since the app takes up the whole page, could I just .org 0 ? (I'm not sure how to fake that out in Axe though...)

TheMachine02

Well an there is no .org equivalent in axe langage. Since it is taking a whole page, any cross boundary call won't work ... and that may be a problem too. Anyway, I don't know much about multipage app, so don't take my word as pure gold  :P

E37

The assembly port, after some crazy setbacks, is coming along well!
I hope to have a working interface (basically you can scroll around with the cursor but not add/delete) done in a couple of days.

Dream of Omnimaga

Glad to see the ASM port going well. I hope to see a new screenshot soon :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

Quote from: E37 on October 04, 2016, 01:04:27 AM
I was working on the assembly version when I was struck by the obvious! I realized that I was using assembler (no duh genius!) and could create multi-page apps! So what? Let's see what hacky things I can do!  ;D First off, I can compile programs with Axe as an app. Then, I can send it to my pc. There I can open it to get at the hex inside. I can paste in the app as data in spasm. (removing the checksums) That will run the data in my 'new' app.  :w00t: Then I can create the second page separately in axe, and paste the second 'page' app in as the second page of the app! Now, this is incredibly hacky (and there is a good chance that I can't paste the code like that) But it's worth a shot! If it works it will kill so many problems at once! (And I will have sooooo many bragging rights that I will go crazy  >:D)
I'm basically waiting for someone to scream, "Wait Jacob, that's a HORRIBLE IDEA!!!"

(If nothing else works, pure assembly version to the rescue!)  (-_(//));
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

That seems kinda like a weird idea lol, although it would be interesting if it worked. I guess for people who can't learn ASM it can be worth a shot if it's less effort, but you definitively have to watch out about safe RAM conflicts or other things that might be setup before any Axe program is launched.

Also that idea reminds me of how persalteas managed to release an Axe game for the TI-82 Stats/83. Axe is not available for the TI-82 Stats/83, so basically he grabbed the hexadecimal after disassembling the game then modified what's necessary to become compatible with the older calculator, then he was set.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

E37

That's it.
I've seen it all.
All the possible types of RAM memory corruptions. All of them.

I've switched back to developing in Axe for the moment. Assembly is taking too long. It would be really nice to do, but it is too slow.
I am completely rewriting the previous resource manager. So far, it is 1000b less, can add and remove entries, rename them, but can't edit their data.
And the memory corruption.
Just to name a few examples: Just crashing, writing to 'incorrect' areas etc.
Those are ok. The infuriating ones are the ones that aren't clear. The memory menu looks fine. Everything acts normally. but when I open the data file to check if everything is ok in it... it looks fine. I continue scrolling, continue... Until I realize that the output file shows up in the memory menu as 50 bytes.  But only until several thousand bytes later does it finally stop. I can even quit the program without it crashing if I haven't scrolled too far. (It crashes If I scroll past the 50 bytes)

Anyway... (some) progress is being made.

c4ooo

Dream of Omnimaga

ASM can definitively be quite a PITA when it comes to debugging, from what I heard >.<

E37

Quote from: c4ooo on October 27, 2016, 11:56:21 PM
Use an emulator to help debug the errors ;)
I am. Wabbitemu has helped some (besides eliminating the need to send an app for every trial)