Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Bakura's event in Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Lins : the last hours

Started by gameblabla, April 03, 2017, 04:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameblabla

As you may know, i'm kind of addicted to Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links...
So much that it slowed down my next game :(
However, this gave me some new ideas, especially this new event in particular.

This event is simple :
Gather dices by defeating the roaming duelists and use them to fight Bakura.
The better your fight was (damage, glossy card, deck out...), the more points you get.
Like a kickstarter camapign, you can get rewards depending on your number of points.
The final reward is an exclusive icon, only given to those who reach 4 millions points.
You can also unlock Bakura with 200,000 pts.

The event started from March 23, 2017 and will end in April 3 GMT+0 5:00 AM.

I spent every day trying to gather the required dices and thinking i will never reach 4 millions points.
Only today was i able to reach that goal.

Bakura is difficult because he has a skill that can end the game in 6 turns
if you have not removed a monster (Necrofear) from the graveyard.
Failure to do so and Bakura automatically wins.
Thankfully, this can easily be negated with some spell cards. (such as Banished)

I basically farmed him by using Rex Raptor and his (very) useful ability Jurassic World.
No, this will not force you to watch all the Jurassic Park movies : it boots dinosaurs ATK by 300.
Since monsters do not go beyond 1800 DEF and Dinosaurs usually have 1600 ATK => 1900 ATK.
So yeah, he was the man for the job. But looking back, i could have use Kaiba instead...
Oh well.

After 5:00 AM, Konami will force log out all players.
However, this does not happen when you are fighting someone, it will still let you play the game.
I'm interested to know if Konami will (or even can) log out players already in fight with Bakura.

I'm gay for Bakura, i even bought his t-shirts.
I'm not completely white but that can be "fixed" by living inside of a cave for a year.
Toughts guys

EDIT: I filmed the last hours under Bakura and here's my video :
https://www.youtube.com/embed/5UThLdE0vmE?fs=1&start=

I'm warning you :
it's very long, only in french (though the game is set to English and in-game chat is in English)  and it's mostly me rambling about the event.
If you have 33 minutes to waste, definitively a must watch.
Bakura's dead, never forget.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

gameblabla

Quote from: gameblabla on April 03, 2017, 04:08:00 AM
After 5:00 AM, Konami will force log out all players.
However, this does not happen when you are fighting someone, it will still let you play the game.
I'm interested to know if Konami will (or even can) log out players already in fight with Bakura.
I can confirm that battles do not require an internet connection.
Servers were already rebooted like 22 minutes ago and i'm still battling Bakura, even though i'm not supposed to.
I guess that the game is supposed to handle that.

EDIT:
I lost the battle against Bakura and here are Yami Bakura last words :
"Hahahaha!"

I recorded some videos of me playing the game during the Bakura event before the deadline.
I will upload them on Youtube of course.

Dream of Omnimaga

From your tweets earlier I thought they were permanently shutting down the game O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 03, 2017, 04:03:27 PM
From your tweets earlier I thought they were permanently shutting down the game O.O
It might as well be the case... :(

Here's my video (33 minutes !!!, my longest video ever ) covering the last hours under President Bakura :

Video is in french sadly (not much other than me rambling) but the game is set to English and you can see me chat in English as well.

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you mean there won't be interesting events anymore afterwards? I didn't have time to watch the entire video yet, just a few minutes
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 19, 2017, 06:53:33 PM
Do you mean there won't be interesting events anymore afterwards? I didn't have time to watch the entire video yet, just a few minutes
Well, it will take a while before Konami comes up with a new event like this one.

Also i forgot to mention but Bakura reappeared between April 11 up to 19 : you could get new cards like Dark Voltanis.
I was able to get all the cards, except for Tour Bour to Forbidden Realms :(

And Pegasus's event was supposed to come back after Bakura's small event
but Konami ran into some issues and they delayed it to today... still no words from them though. :(

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah I see. To be honest, I was surprised that Yu Gi Oh was still around nowadays. I thought it died around 2010 in game form.