Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-Nspire Lua] Dino

Started by Jim Bauwens, May 03, 2015, 01:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bauwens

Hi all,

Just wanted to show this little game that I did in my free time:

It's a port of the Dino game that you can play in Google Chrome when you have no internet connectivity. As it's ported, gameplay should be the same. I hope some people enjoy it :)

Download link: http://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=206578

CKH4

Very cool, I love that game on my phone when I forgot to turn on WiFi or mobile data. Looks great, too bad I don't have an nspire. :(

Also if you get a gif of it that would be great.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Snektron

Oohh cool! Whatch out you dont get sued though :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Jim Bauwens

Don't worry, the game itself is open source (with a BSD-style license), just as the rest of the Chromium project.

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

looks cool I will put it on my Nspire if I start using it again :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

LD Studios

not compatible with OS 3.2 :'(

Jim Bauwens

Quote from: LD Studios on May 03, 2015, 05:22:47 PM

I'm using image resources hence that issue. It might work on 3.2 if you swap them with TI.Image strings, however I don't know if it will still run at the same speed.

alexgt

I have 3.6 but I haven't tried it out yet :-\

LD Studios

Quote from: Jim Bauwens on May 03, 2015, 06:21:56 PM
Quote from: LD Studios on May 03, 2015, 05:22:47 PM

I'm using image resources hence that issue. It might work on 3.2 if you swap them with TI.Image strings, however I don't know if it will still run at the same speed.
From what I've seen, images cause more lag with the resources than with the strings. Could you send me the source so I can try it out though?

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow I didn't know about that Chrome easter egg, since I always have my connection enabled and it never showed up on my phone. I'm gonna try the Nspire version when I have a chance. Glad to see new calculator stuff from you :walrii:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Jim Bauwens

Quote from: LD Studios on May 03, 2015, 08:42:28 PM
From what I've seen, images cause more lag with the resources than with the strings. Could you send me the source so I can try it out though?

I've just done some tests on OS 3.9 (or 4.0, don't remember, short term memory loss) and speed is exactly the same. But of course speed might be different between OS versions.. Can you try the attached script on your handheld and report the result? (Press enter to start the benchmark). I'll do a test on later OS versions when I get home. (I currently only tried on Nspire-Emu).

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 04, 2015, 01:33:36 AM
Wow I didn't know about that Chrome easter egg, since I always have my connection enabled and it never showed up on my phone. I'm gonna try the Nspire version when I have a chance. Glad to see new calculator stuff from you :walrii:

Well, you need to know about it to be able to play it ^^ Oh don't worry I'm still fairly active with my TI-Nspire research. Just in the underground :walrii:

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh OK, I thought it appeared immediately lol. I guess the game is in the Chrome undergrounds like your Nspire development :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Ivoah

Is this a port or a clone?
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

alexgt

I am quite certain it is a clone but don't quote me on that