Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CEmu

Started by MateoConLechuga, December 30, 2015, 08:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pimathbrainiac

Yeah I was prodded to fix the extension a little after your post on #cemu-dev. They have the .zip now, though :P
Well, I'm bach here too!

Adriweb

Thanks to a complete keypad overhaul by Jacobly, upcoming versions will soon not require QML/QtQuick(/OpenGL?) stuff, making everything much easier and lightweight (in addition to being even more nice-looking than the current one) :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: pimathbrainiac on January 27, 2016, 02:59:43 AM
Yeah I was prodded to fix the extension a little after your post on #cemu-dev.
I never posted in this channel O.O
Quote from: Adriweb on January 27, 2016, 07:25:56 PM
Thanks to a complete keypad overhaul by Jacobly, upcoming versions will soon not require QML/QtQuick(/OpenGL?) stuff, making everything much easier and lightweight (in addition to being even more nice-looking than the current one) :)
Nice to hear. By the way what is the final consensus about key choices? Will it use Wabbit's, TilEm, VTI or will we be able to change the key mapping?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

pimathbrainiac

I was prodded by Adriweb. I meant I was prodded on #cemu-dev after your post.
Well, I'm bach here too!

Adriweb

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 27, 2016, 08:01:33 PMNice to hear. By the way what is the final consensus about key choices? Will it use Wabbit's, TilEm, VTI or will we be able to change the key mapping?
The default is (and always will be) CEmu's, but the user can also choose Tilem, WabbitEmu... And maybe one day there will be a feature to completely customize the keymapping :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: pimathbrainiac on January 27, 2016, 08:09:22 PM
I was prodded by Adriweb. I meant I was prodded on #cemu-dev after your post.
Oh ok lol.
Quote from: Adriweb on January 27, 2016, 08:11:23 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 27, 2016, 08:01:33 PMNice to hear. By the way what is the final consensus about key choices? Will it use Wabbit's, TilEm, VTI or will we be able to change the key mapping?
The default will be CEmu's, but the user can also choose Tilem, Wabbit... And maybe one day there will be a feature to completely customize the keymapping :)
That is cool. There seemed to be some concerns about the different keys. While getting used to the new mapping isn't too hard, it might have gotten confusing for people who constantly switches back and forth between WabbitEmu and CEmu or people who used PTI/Wabbit for a decade.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Is it possible to load a .8eu file? If not, will this be added?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Lionel Debroux

.8pu and .8eu files are OS upgrades for the TI-eZ80 series, but those are insufficient for emulating the calculator (unlike what happens on the TI-68k series), so adding support for loading those file formats wouldn't do much good.
In order to emulate the calculator, you also need a dump of the boot code, which can be obtained by the offline dumper in CEmu, or the online dumper in TILP 1.18 beta.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

Snektron

So there is essentially no legal way to use this emulator if you dont have a physical model?

Lionel Debroux

Sounds about right, lest someone makes a FreeBoot-type program for the TI-eZ80 series. But a large part of the English-speaking community strongly frowns upon FreeBoot, sadly.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah the main concern would be that people could make their own ROM without buying the calculator itself and while this is more a gray area and perhaps not illegal, TI would not like that.

That reminds me,  I tried the latest version of a few days ago and I like the speed. Even at 500% it won't eat all my CPU, unless I resize the window to fit the screen.

With Smartview the speed was just atrocious.

semiprocoder

If thats such a concern, then how can WabbitEmu get the rom from the os file? ???
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

Lionel Debroux

Precisely thanks to BootFree. And that functionality was eviscerated from some unofficial, crippled forks of WabbitEmu.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

Snektron

What is BootFree exactly?

Dudeman313

There's a complicated explanation on the thread I made asking for a TI-84+ ROM back when I had one, and when I didn't know transferring ROMs was illegal.
I think it is this thingy that lets you load thingies that are TI-OS files to emulator thingies without needing ROM thingies that you would normally need for emulator thingies. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."