Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Big changes on CodeWalrus

Started by Yuki, March 31, 2017, 08:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Hey guys, here on CodeWalrus we always strive to give you the best experience we can on the forums. We heard your complains and suggestions, so the staff team decided to transfer the site to a completely new forum software we wrote. We were working on it a bit in secret since a while now, there's still a few issues we should figure out, but things should work. It's a completely novel way to use the forum, I guess you'll have to get used to it a bit, but I'm pretty sure you'll like it. The change will occur sometime today as most of the server admins will be on, if you don't see it right away there will be a prompt to try the new site out, and the best thing, if you don't like it you can always go back to the previous interface as we know it as both sites will run in parallel.

Just warning you before we put it online, if you have issues with the new thing, you can always complain as usual in the usual section. Otherwise, have fun!

And yeah, I see the date, I assure you it's completely unrelated. You know me, my "april fools" changes always tend to stick, eh MLP Québec, who completely changed URLs and names on a 1st of April? :P

EDIT: Happy April's Fools, of course the site ain't gonna change, but if you liked it, you still can access it from https://codewalr.us/os
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

p2

Really looking forward to the launch of the new model :)
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah same. Just a bug on Android Chrome to iron out by @Juju first then it should be ready
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

ordelore

I bet it changes every single character in posts to  ???
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+SE, TI_Nspire CX
Calc Wars is still alive (I hope)

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Can't wait to deploy this update, it's gonna be good.

gameblabla

I can already predict how it's going to look like :

• Material design
  • Big font and huge buttons
  • Mobile interface by default

Basically, you force juju to sleep with a gay web designer at Apple and you'll get codewalrus's new user interface.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Yuki

Pretty much.

It's been deployed, have fun.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Major bug report: we have to scroll horizontally on mobile or dezoom in order to see the entire text.

Also it seems Juju finally did not forget our :walrii:  after all

Yuki

Yeah, I have yet to figure that out. Happens on desktop as well.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

_iPhoenix_

Could this be a permanent thing?
Like make it a setting in your profile to see the forums like this?
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

Dream of Omnimaga

A theme chooser would be ideal even if technically this is not a SMF theme

kotu

i'm guessing this WAS an april's fools joke as this is what i get

*kotu slaps @Juju
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

c4ooo

>"Big changes on CodeWalrus"
>checks calendar
:P

Unicorn

awe... i can't post tho. Please fix @Juju
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???