You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

WalTourney [walrii contest] [TI 84+ CSE] [xLIBC] [BASIC]

b/[Completed] Walrii Games (TI/HP/PC/2600) Started by Unicorn, December 17, 2015, 05:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/123outerme January 02, 2016, 06:30:07 PM
If you need help with setting up xLIBC sprites and stuff, I'm happy to help.
u/Unicorn January 02, 2016, 06:39:03 PM
Quote from: 123outerme on January 02, 2016, 06:30:07 PM
I'm all set for that, xLIBC makes sense to me now :P
u/Dream of Omnimaga January 03, 2016, 02:28:48 AM
Quote from: 123outerme on January 02, 2016, 06:30:07 PM
Note that the contest doesn't allow people to help each others with code and stuff, though :P
u/alexgt January 03, 2016, 04:02:41 AM
I don't think Unicorn in participating anymore :(
u/Dream of Omnimaga January 06, 2016, 08:01:35 PM
Ah that sucks D:
u/Unicorn January 07, 2016, 06:52:24 AM
Woah, I still am! I was just hanging out with friends last weekend, I'm still in this! ;)

Anyways, I just messed around on-cac (my spritesheet was already uploaded) and now all the sprites are displaying. I just need to implement the gameplay, along with a background (that reminds me, I also need a tophat to through things into) , then the walrus spinner (to get walriis and throwing items), then walrus powerups, then throwing item powerups. Then, the game is done! Hopefully I can add more characters to keep the game going for a while if I have extra time.
u/Dream of Omnimaga January 08, 2016, 05:11:51 AM
Actually maybe it was c4ooo that wasn't participating anymore, but he said he might try to sneak in a quick entry. I'm glad that you're still in, by the way. :)

Will the walrus spinner be the walrified Pokéball sprite? :P
u/Unicorn January 08, 2016, 06:09:00 AM
Thanks! :)

Actually... that is a good idea. I won't have to create some weird spinning animation.

Gameplay/Info
Through a baseball at a moving object as a :walrii:
Get 1 coin when a Coin object appears and you hit it.
Once you get 10-20 coins (I'm going to finalize a number for that once the gameplay is done), you get a walriiball to get either a new throwing object or new character.
Each object and character gives you certain perks, like more money made and so on.

Item and Character Buffs
Will be listed soon

u/Dream of Omnimaga January 08, 2016, 08:25:07 AM
Oddly enough, I once wanted to make a baseball Walrii sprite, but I finally didn't due to lack of motivation :P

a sports game would probably be quite hard under such time frame, though. It would have to be a dumbed down version of baseball or whatever you want to make.
u/Unicorn January 08, 2016, 04:49:16 PM
Oh, lol, its not a sports game :P
You throw an item at a moving object, and once you hit it you get points and rarley some coins.
u/Unicorn January 10, 2016, 06:49:36 AM
Bumpdate!

Got general game mechanics halfway done, and I'm ready to implement a menu, scoring, and character selection. (Currency and character unlocking will come later)

Just a note to myself: add a separate spritesheet with rotated silhouettes to erase characters.
u/Dream of Omnimaga January 10, 2016, 08:48:42 AM
Oh I see about the game genre now, lol. Glad to see updates, by the way :)
u/Unicorn January 12, 2016, 06:27:22 AM
Thanks :) And yeah, if I buckle down for an hour and just program this thing I should be able to have the game done, along with half of the currency system finished. :3
u/Dream of Omnimaga January 12, 2016, 06:47:41 AM
What have you done so far?
u/Unicorn January 12, 2016, 06:55:00 AM
Well movement of the player is set, along with the movement of the target, and you can now throw things. There is no collision detection, but that will come after I make the throwing items smaller. Should have a screenshot by tomorrow.
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators