Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Your favorite April fools pranks

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, April 03, 2016, 06:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

So were you fooled by any prank this year? Or did you like any in particular?

My personal favorite was that one adult site that became a corn on the cob cooking website. I won't link to it for obvious reasons, but @aeTIos and @Streetwalrus knows what I am talking about. <_<

Also, Planète-Casio had an interesting prank this year. Rather than fooling people with a traditional hoax, they instead took the sensationalist news bulletin approach: Post a very long text that never gets to the point. Basically, a bad announcement about the future of the site that goes back and forth between "This was an hard decision to take" and "we have some bad news about the site's future" until the 4th or 5th paragraph, only to end with "crap I forgot why I was writing this news. Oh well. Nevermind". I liked it. http://www.planet-casio.com/Fr/forums/lecture_sujet.php?id=14261

Also, the Nspire Atomium was funny, because that's totally something that TI could do to lock down their calc even harder. In fact, the news was partly real, because they did remove some screws in the CR4 hardware and they are unable to open the calculator yet. But at first I thought the Atomium name was more in reference to nukes. :P https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199123&sid=2bea3f0b16d756ec8e0583a9249146d1#p199123
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

brentmaas

The notes of a test were quite late so me and @Cumred_Snektron were going to forge an email from the teacher saying some of them went missing. It looked pretty believable, but someone else was faster than us andjust said they were up, but messed up a little by making it a bit too obvious.
Lel I glitched Omni

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you mean a fake email from the teacher, or a fake email sent to the teacher? If the teacher told the entire class that everyone failed their test, then that would be a good scare prank. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

princetonlion.tibd

This may not count as a prank, but I emailed everyone I know at school a rickroll link. I don't think they know what it is though. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, rickrolling never caught up with the world outside the Internet, for some reasons. More recent memes did, though, since more people go on Facebook and stuff.

Unicorn

Best one for IRL: Your shoes are untied.

Speaking of memes, there is a geometry mean, which sounds like meme, so therefor, geometry meme is a thing.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't understand the shoes untied thing. ???

c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 03, 2016, 06:17:47 AM
My personal favorite was that one adult site that became a corn on the cob cooking website. I won't link to it for obvious reasons, but @aeTIos and @Streetwalrus knows what I am talking about. <_<
@the game,@aeTIos,@Streetwalrus, i wonder if you find out because you're a regular visitor :P

Dudeman313

@DJ Omnimaga , maybe @Unicorn means; "Your socks are untied," which works almost every time if you know who to tell.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually now I get it: When we tell people their shoes are untied, they actually check them out. Would be funny to see the reaction with socks. :P

Quote from: c4ooo on April 05, 2016, 07:36:09 PM
@the game
really? O.O

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dudeman313

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 09, 2016, 05:04:01 AM
Actually now I get it: When we tell people their shoes are untied, they actually check them out. Would be funny to see the reaction with socks. :P
People also tell each other the word "gullible" is written on the ceiling and see if they look up. :P

My favorite AFP by far was by my SS teacher, who waited until the Monday after AF to show us a video of an AFP made by BBC in 1957 and called it a Primary Source with a worksheet.

Here's the video:

The last question was, "List 3 things you have learned from this video." Because we had less than 60 seconds to finish the sheet, every student in the class admitted that spaghetti grew on trees.
He came to school the next day with a straight face and a box of "spaghetti seeds" that was really just Great Value Whole Wheat Spaghetti.
The answer is "Sure."

123outerme

Quote from: Dudeman313 on April 09, 2016, 07:46:12 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 09, 2016, 05:04:01 AM
People also tell each other the word "gullible" is written on the ceiling and see if they look up. :P
No joke, a long time ago, they painted the tiles on the ceiling of the art room at my middle school, and someone legit wrote "gullible" on it. I did not lie to any of my friends when I said gullible was on the ceiling, but still they didn't believe me :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

ROFL @Dudeman313 , I didn't know they did hoaxes on actual TV channels, especially not in 1957. That video made my day. XD