Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[CSE Basic] D-Fend

Started by 123outerme, March 22, 2015, 04:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

Quote from: 123outerme on March 16, 2016, 08:38:42 PM
Quote from: Dudeman313 on March 15, 2016, 08:32:36 PM
I think I found a bug. :(

I was playing this on my CE for speediness and fun,
and I had a HS of 32 because it was my first time playing.
When I lost(the X hit the character), I got an error and had to exit.
When I re-entered the prgm, I my HS was 1.375.  :-|
IIRC, the game "encrypted" data on exit. Thanks for playing it! And sorry about that DX
Oh. And can you tell me why after a bit the character turns blue?

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 16, 2016, 08:52:35 PM
On a side note, I wonder if an xLIBC version of this game would be cool?
Probably. I'd love to see the result. :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

c4ooo

Awsome to see another cool game from you, pushing the limits of ti-basic!

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 16, 2016, 08:52:35 PM
On a side note, I wonder if an xLIBC version of this game would be cool?
I'm trying to think how that would work. With xLIBC, I have the chance to make everything more detailed, but I'm not sure where I'd get any of these details from though. Possibly.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you mean you might need sprites? I'm thinking that some ROL3 and Metroid II: Expansion sprites could be used, if colorized.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Or maybe Joe Pemberton's Phantom Star sprites? That'd be pretty cool-looking.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

That could work if they can be re-used. That said I already have a bunch of colored sprites or ones that could easily be colored, so he would be free to use them.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

What do the sprites look like?
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually they're not all space ship sprites (some are just monsters and one is a wall tile), but all of those could easily be used for a space shooter. The yellow ship is actually Samus Aran's ship, though. The sprites on white background are all from The Reign of Legends 3.

Dudeman313

Cool. I think @123outerme could definitely use these is the game, or something similar.
I like that wall tile. Maybe that could replace "X" as the enemies.
The answer is "Sure."

123outerme

All this looks pretty good! I meant that I needed inspiration, and now I don't even really need it anymore since these nice sprites looks good! If I ever have nothing better to do, I'll try to remake this.

Dudeman313

That's good to hear! And if you ever need any additional sprite art, just let me know and give me a size! ;)
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I guess it was a good thing that I keep a copy of some of those old sprites for easier digging up in case someone wanted to use them later. :P I sometimes get bored too and colorize some of my old stuff without necessarily planning to use them, but then other people can benefit. Also with xLIB speed shouldn't be a big issue so an xLIBC port of this would probably not be too slow. Else if you decide to make PC or Android games in the future that works too :)

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 22, 2016, 06:09:24 AM
I guess it was a good thing that I keep a copy of some of those old sprites for easier digging up in case someone wanted to use them later. :P I sometimes get bored too and colorize some of my old stuff without necessarily planning to use them, but then other people can benefit. Also with xLIB speed shouldn't be a big issue so an xLIBC port of this would probably not be too slow. Else if you decide to make PC or Android games in the future that works too :)
My next platform I want to work with will probably be Android, so it's possible I could port it. As for now, I'll keep on the CSE for at least a little while longer.

Dream of Omnimaga

If you ever make touchscreen RPGs, don't use a virtual d-pad by default. This can be annoying to control. It's better to just use do like MMORPGs where clicking somewhere makes the character go in that direction.

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 23, 2016, 04:39:48 PM
If you ever make touchscreen RPGs, don't use a virtual d-pad by default. This can be annoying to control. It's better to just use do like MMORPGs where clicking somewhere makes the character go in that direction.
As I started out on calculators, it might be a habit to use a D-Pad for controls, but I'll be sure to break that habit for RPGs. Thanks for the suggestion!