Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Beta] TwoStep - The challenging puzzle game! [Axe] [TI-8x+]

Started by DarkestEx, January 29, 2015, 12:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiphonicSugar

Well, seems like you are in good condition with this game... Is it too late to be a beta tester...?
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

DarkestEx

Quote from: SiphonicSugar on February 11, 2016, 01:47:05 AM
Well, seems like you are in good condition with this game... Is it too late to be a beta tester...?
Absolutely not. Actually its the best time now as I resume work on it again and look into finally adding what is still missing.
If you encounter errors or feature requests, fell free to ask.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

SiphonicSugar

Oh yay!  Well, obviously, as you can hopefully see from my previous comments (I think), I want to be a beta tester.  I've always liked puzzle games because they make you use the logic part of your brain.  School doesn't seem to do much of that anymore...
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad

DarkestEx

Quote from: SiphonicSugar on February 11, 2016, 01:50:40 AM
Oh yay!  Well, obviously, as you can hopefully see from my previous comments (I think), I want to be a beta tester.  I've always liked puzzle games because they make you use the logic part of your brain.  School doesn't seem to do much of that anymore...
Well then welcome aboard :)

Btw, if anybody likes to visit the code to error check it, ask. I can garant access to the source code to trusted people.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dudeman313

Well, I finally read the first post, because I didn't do that before :P , and now I'm going to demand a CE port.

I demand a CE port!!! :walrii:
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

DarkestEx

Quote from: Dudeman313 on February 11, 2016, 01:52:31 AM
Well, I finally read the first post, because I didn't do that before :P , and now I'm going to demand a CE port.

I demand a CE port!!! :walrii:
Feel free to do one as soon as Axe comes out for the CE. I won't stop you and it would be an official port.
As long as I get credited I would also give out parts of the source code of the engine and other critical parts.

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

SiphonicSugar

Don't worry!  I'll make a port, if you never learn how to code in Axe... :thumbsup:

DarkestEx

Quote from: Dudeman313 on February 11, 2016, 01:56:14 AM
I don't know how to code. Look @ my sig. :P
Well, that's might be a problem. Idk, I can't do a port unless I mystically find a physical CE or its ROM in either my digital or physical mailbox ;)

Edit: Not particularly in this combination. Don't send the physical CE to my digital mailbox :P

Quote from: SiphonicSugar on February 11, 2016, 01:57:44 AM
Don't worry!  I'll make a port, if you never learn how to code in Axe... :thumbsup:
This would of course be the best option :)

SiphonicSugar

Dudeman313

If you're in the US, wait til Summer an buy one for 88 dollars at your local Walmart.
The answer is "Sure."

DarkestEx

It's been a while and while I was initially never planning to release it, I think it is time now.
TwoStep is now open-source and licensed under the GPL license.

Any Axe beginners, have fun and have a look at how we did it back then ;)
If anyone likes to complete it, go for it :)

The sauce is here. Grab it while it's hot:
https://github.com/bmuessig/TwoStep

Cheers!