Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Casio FX9860] Super Hexagon Casio : rose from the dead projects

Started by Duke "Tape" Eiyeron, December 30, 2014, 04:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

It's the original font I redrawn. There is an experimental version Here (click on the floppy icon). COuld you tell me if that work on your calculator? I tried another method to detect SH4 and tried a highscore system.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok I downloaded it now but when I try to send it to my calc it says "Some selected items are invalid". I tried renaming the file to HEXAGON.g1a to see if it was because of the long file name and char limit on-calc, but it still throws the message.

I am using FA-124 on Windows 7 64-bit with an USB cable, by the way.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

-florian66-

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 31, 2015, 04:56:07 PM
Ok I downloaded it now but when I try to send it to my calc it says "Some selected items are invalid". I tried renaming the file to HEXAGON.g1a to see if it was because of the long file name and char limit on-calc, but it still throws the message.

I am using FA-124 on Windows 7 64-bit with an USB cable, by the way.

Check if you have file extensions enabled. Maybe you a a Hexagon.g1a.g1a files and the FX use a FAT-ish fs (filename name are 8chars+.+3chars)

Quote from: -florian66- on January 31, 2015, 06:36:26 PM
oh nice you will update it on planet casio ?

Read the post again. " experimental version" means that's not an official one. Oh and click on the link, it's a P-C one. Have you tested it? Does it work on your calc and what calc/arch/is do you have?

Dream of Omnimaga

Nah, because I just downloaded the file from your link and my computer doesn't add extensions when downloading stuff. I have extensions enabled anyway.

I think it's because your file has an invalid internal name. You should try to make sure that your add-in is actually 8 valid characters.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

You're pretty much the first person having problems with addins I know. Usually Planète-Casio likes to rename the addin to something way longer than what the calc FS support.

Dream of Omnimaga

Maybe Anerican models don't support such file name? That said, with the 2nd version of Hexagon, renaming it fixed the problem, but this time with this latest version, even renaming won't fix it.

Also IIRC FA-124 had problems with 64-bit OSes.

Dream of Omnimaga

BUMP:

I found a solution to my problem: Instead of clicking the send icon, I need to select the file then click copy, then on the calc view I click paste. This forces add-in transfer it seems.  Anyway I tried the latest version and I can't survive more than 2.81 seconds. Is the speed supposed to be the same in every difficulty? O.O

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Yeah, at the moment, none of the levels are actually done. it's just tempoary patterns I made to test the engine itself. I succesfully survivded to 10 seconds but the game is not balanced at this moment, you can't win unless you have a lot of luck. I think I'll keep this speed for a Hexagonest or Hyper Hexagonest and speed up a little the player speed to catch up with the fast obstacles. I should work on it once I have some free time (compilation and IA courses are far from easy).

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh ok lol. I was gonna say, if the speed at which Hard went is the final speed, then imagine how fast the hardest levels will be :P.

By the way is there an option to reduce the frame rate? I can't see anything that rotates because of the motion blur. I have a SH3 model from Early 2009 (maybe even 2005 if it was in a store backroom for that long), though.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Curious, at normal clock it's so much of a blur? Oh well, If I reduce the framerate you maybe won't be able to play correctly as the game is time depedendant and not framerate dependant. Oh and don't be get too much on the demo level, I stil say that's not the final result.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I was using normal clock settings. It might be because my contrast was set too low, though. I have it set low enough so that grayscale is visible instead of black. I tried at higher contrast and it's easier to see your game, though.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Okay, I'll need to add an explanation about cinstrast. Thanks for the feedback.

Dark Storm

I think I'll download new release tomorrow :p
Since I've completed Hardest level on my laptop, anything is scaring me :p
(Not sure if the last sentence is correct ^^)
French young Casio programmer.
If I do some (big) mistakes in english, could you correct me?