Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Mana Force vs First Fantasy boss 6 comparison (WARNING: Spoilers)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, June 28, 2015, 05:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

This video showcases the 6th boss fight from Mana Force (TI-84+), followed by its First Fantasy: Mana Force (TI-84+CSE) counterpart. In the 2015 color remake of the 2002 game, the boss was replaced with a LV 198 one. Note that Poison magic was not available in the original game. Also the new boss skips his turn when you use MP-healing items.

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

• Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah Youtube is being a prick lately with upload processing. I just checked now and even after 17 hours it still said the video was processing, with no progress bar. I tried re-uploading now and it works, although it stalled at 95% for like 10 minutes.

Check the first post for updated link.

Also the first song in the vid is the main battle theme from Mystic Quest Legend for the SNES (Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest in North America and Japan) and the second song is the boss theme.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Oh cool :)
One time, DJ should make a MF PC version. That would be so awesome O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Indeed. I think an HP PPL or 84+CE version is more likely, though.

Unicorn

You know, I didn't think it was beatable with the wizard. (That is the wizard, right?)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, I made the game so that you still have to use earlier classes sometimes later in the game. Else it would just be an X-Flare/Omega spam fest like the original.

Unicorn

But spamming is fun... :P

I better keep that in mind onceI'm done grinding for xp.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Lol, but then the game gets boring if it's just casting the most powerful spell over and over with absolute zero strategy. Mana Force had this problem so you just had to equip the most powerful magic-based character class until your regular attacks got powerful enough to overtake the ultimate spell as most powerful attack. First Fantasy fixes that by adding elemental protection and that LV 198 boss, in addition to making regular attacks weaker when different classes are equipped

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 21, 2015, 05:37:29 AM
Lol, but then the game gets boring if it's just casting the most powerful spell over and over with absolute zero strategy. Mana Force had this problem so you just had to equip the most powerful magic-based character class until your regular attacks got powerful enough to overtake the ultimate spell as most powerful attack. First Fantasy fixes that by adding elemental protection and that LV 198 boss, in addition to making regular attacks weaker when different classes are equipped
But still, I feel awfully spammy when beating the monsters in that dungeon. Omega, Omega, Omega, Omega, Eat. :P I guess I could use the wizard :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Well in the Dark Ruins dungeon you have to use Omega anyway. You can always use regular attacks too with the Fighter job, but all enemies there are immune to Fire, Ice and Bolt, so unless you just spam poison, which doesn't do much damage, the wizard class will be useless there.

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???