Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

V200/68k Snake

Started by princetonlion.tibd, June 15, 2015, 08:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

princetonlion.tibd

That was one of the reasons to make snake, it has trolling potential :P

Anyways, I'm stuck because I can't detect where the snake has been or reliably erase the snake. I could use a matrix but that would get quite memory consuming...
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Snektron

maybe you can use a list?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

princetonlion.tibd

Maybe, I've tried with a version that stores the last five places the snake has passed, and it went to about 25% speed...

and I don't know if I can increase the size of the list. If it gets too long then memory might run out
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Unicorn

Maybe look at other snake games for other calcs to get an idea?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

princetonlion.tibd

yeah, that was my plan.

I think making it on the graph screen would be easier, because the pxltest can see where the snake has been

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice to see you back into calculator programming. Have you gotten any luck implementing collision detection for this game yet? On the graph screen pxl-test collision would definitively be easier.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Yeah... The grph screenn make sense. To bad theres no xlibc for the v200 :/
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Lionel Debroux

Multiple implementations of high-level languages which execute faster than the TI-Basic have been made on the TI-68k platform, years ago. GFA-Basic (known from another platform), NewProg, etc.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

Snektron

But if you use the graph buffer you still dont solve the problem of removing the last parts of the snake :/
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

princetonlion.tibd

yeah :/

Actual youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2gacUbfsJI

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Lionel Debroux on June 20, 2015, 06:21:48 AM
Multiple implementations of high-level languages which execute faster than the TI-Basic have been made on the TI-68k platform, years ago. GFA-Basic (known from another platform), NewProg, etc.
It's a shame that NewProg didn't take off like Axe, but I guess it was inevitable with the much smaller amount of 68K coders at the time. Of course, there's always Vertel or FLIB, though, which are similar to xLIB on Z80 models.

As for GFA Basic I never checked it much, but some people used it back then if I remember. I don't know if it's available on ticalc.org, though, and the main site hasn't been updated in a while, so it would be better to download it now if you want to try it, in case one day the site goes down. http://www.tigen.org/gfabasic/
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

catastropher

Yaaaaay more people are writing stuff for the 68k calcs! Keep it up! :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-83+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-Nspire CX, TI-92+, TI-89 Titanium
Creator of X3D, a 3D portal rendering game engine for Nspire, 68k, and PC