Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

PHASM and Cesium: The first TI-84 Plus CE shells have arrived!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, October 10, 2015, 04:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

ASM shells have finally made their way to the TI-83 Premium CE and TI-84 Plus CE. Since app creation by the TI community is impossible, they are 8xp programs, just like Ion, Venus and SOS on older calculators. However, they should make it much easier for you to launch games and programs. While Doors CSE 9 is currently under development, Epharius has released PHASM, while MateoConLechuga has released Cesium!

PHASM features:
-Once installed, it can run ASM and C programs like normal BASIC programs located in RAM. Running archived programs from home screen is planned. No more need for the Asm() program and less risks of data loss!
-It only takes around 400 bytes

Download: https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=318384

Cesium features:
-Can run ASM, C and archived programs from the shell interface.
-Memory management, including hiding programs
-Program searching feature (useful if you have many)
-Ability to turn the busy indicator off in BASIC programs.
-Doors CS header, so you can use your old 84+CSE game icons again. First Fantasy already had the DCS header in it despite DCS not being out on the CE yet, so the original icon should already be showing up :)
-Shareable ASM and C libraries
-Disponible en Français and in English

Download: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/84pce/asm/shells/Cesium.zip

Enjoy!
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Hayleia

Actually, PHASM doesn't run archived programs yet. It's the goal so that's why it's in the description, but it doesn't do it yet (I told Epharius about this yesterday but he said that people who will download it know about the fact it isn't 100% done).

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I see. He should probably edit the description since it's misleading <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

So it is possible to make hooks and such on the CE? Awesome :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Epharius

Hello
I'm sorry but it is a bit too early to write a news about PHASM  :D
Actually there are several bugs, in the programs' list for example. I can give you a picture if you want.
I removed the "archived" in the description of PHASM.
So, be careful when you use it ;)

EDIT : Bugs fixed, it works!
I'm french so, sorry if you lose your eyes while reading one of my posts

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh the news was more because it was one of the first shell ever in 84+CE history, along with Cesium. Glad to see the bugs fixed, though.

Also welcome to CodeWalrus @Epharius

Adriweb

Regarding the On Block, it was removed from Cesium in its latest version (1.1 so far)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

I didn't know that. I'll head over to Cemetech to see why, but I fear it might be due to many people accidentally locking themselves up in BASIC games, most of which requires ON to be exited.

EDIT: yep. Exactly what I guessed. Nice option to make BASIC games more professional, but too dangerous.

Epharius

Thank you DJ Omnimaga ;)

Unfortunately, I don't have any Ti-84+, Ti-nspire or HP prime. But I come from time to time.

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh, don't worry, we also are about the TI-83 Premium CE and even Casio models and some people here are even fans of the TI-82 so if you make TI-83 Premium CE (or TI-84 Plus CE programs, which are compatible) then you should feel at home :). I should perhaps edit the logo at some point to specify that we are about all TI calculators. At first I didn't add 84+C because the slogan would be too long :P

We also have retro gaming and music discussion, as well as pixel art, radioactive walruses (much to Brigitte Bardot disdain? :P) and other non-calculator topics :walrii:

The only thing is that nobody here, other than tr1p1ea, knows TI-83 Premium CE ASM I think. Most people including myself use TI-BASIC. :P

Hayleia

PHASM should now be able to launch all programs, archived or not, asm or basic :)
(except if there's something I didn't understand but I think it's ok).

Epharius

Yes, PHASM can run all kind of programs! Now, I will do the hook which deletes the never-ending scroll (but it is very... hard x) )

Dream of Omnimaga

WHat is the never-ending scroll thing? Could you explain into more details?

novenary

Probably the BASIC editor scrolling animation when jumping to errors.

Epharius

Yes that's it! Sorry, I did'nt give a lot of information x)
It is the idea you gave me (around) here.
When you press for example [Alpha] + [Enter], it jumps instantly at the end of the program.