Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

3DS dilemma, need advice

Started by Hayleia, October 25, 2015, 05:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayleia

Well they don't need to break into your 3DS. If you play online with a pirated game, they'll detect it with duplicated headers or something (they'll see two people playing with the same header and ban both). But yeah, they'll never know if you pirate an offline game. But see my post on the "your game collection" topic (old, you can add ACNL and Triforce Heroes to the list now :P), I even bought Lego City Undercover so do you think I pirate games ? If I did, I would have pirated that one, not bought it :P
[edit] Update my game collection here [/edit]

But whatever. That hack I put on both my 3DSes now was not put here for piracy. I need it to run homebrew and also to play some of my games I legally own but not in cartridges on both consoles since Nintendo doesn't let me link my eShop account to two consoles <.<

Dream of Omnimaga

Except that companies don't have the right to monitor your internet connection before hiring you.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Detecting pirated copies of software is extremely easy for companies. You don't even need to play online for that.

Dream of Omnimaga

YeH but when you apply for a job, do you mean you have to let the boss enter your home and check your computer in case you have warez installed?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Hayleia

Wait, what does it have to do with job hiring ? When I said I won't get a job in the video game industry even though that's what I want, I only meant that either I won't find something interesting or will not be accepted because of lack of competence, but that had nothing to do with 3DS hacks :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Hayleia on October 26, 2015, 07:01:39 AMAnd no, I don't use pirated games. I'd like to have to a job in the video game industry (and I know I won't) so I won't plunder it before getting there, it doesn't make any sense :P
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 30, 2015, 06:15:35 AMAs for pirated games, nobody will know if you used them, unless companies break into your home then monitors your 3DS content.
Quote from: Hayleia on October 30, 2015, 09:20:33 AMWell they don't need to break into your 3DS. If you play online with a pirated game, they'll detect it with duplicated headers or something (they'll see two people playing with the same header and ban both). But yeah, they'll never know if you pirate an offline game
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 30, 2015, 10:00:56 PMExcept that companies don't have the right to monitor your internet connection before hiring you.

From this convo I assumed that you thought that if you ever pirated any software, then game companies won't hire you because they would scan your home computers  or monitor your Internet connection, NSA-style, for pirated stuff and not hire you if they find anything illegal. ???

Hayleia

Haha ! No, the first sentence was more like "I'd like to join the video game industry, and if it piracy kills it by not giving it money, I'll have no chance to join it so I don't do piracy". And the "I know I won't" is about what I said in my last post.
Sorry if that was not clear. I never know if my sentences are clear, I have the idea clear in my head but I don't always have the words -.-

(And then the other sentences were answers to yours so they only make the misunderstanding more obvious but it's already there).

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I see now Hayleia lol. Thanks for clarifying :P And no problem :)

Hayleia

Lol, autonecropost.

But just in case anyone cared, I had made a backup of that save I thought would be lost due to encryption (well, the backup wasn't the most recent, it only has 487 hours, and I know for sure that I went over 500 at some point...) and thanks to the "old tool" deciding to do smart things for once, I managed to get that save to work again on my new setup :D

So yeah, I still lost at least 30 hours due to not making a really recent backup, but at least I didn't lose everything :)

Dream of Omnimaga

487 hours? O.O Now we know why Super Smash Bros Open did not progress since 2013. :trollface:

That said, I'm glad you didn't lose much. Still, 30 hours is what it takes to complete Chrono Trigger and Illusiat 12, so that's still a lot *.*

Hayleia

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 29, 2015, 08:53:43 PM
That said, I'm glad you didn't lose much. Still, 30 hours is what it takes to complete Chrono Trigger and Illusiat 12, so that's still a lot *.*
Yeah, after checking what I had and what I didn't have exactly on my save, it seems like the whole part where I was playing the Insect glaive is missing. So yeah, that's kind of a lot, but at least I have the parts where I played my Dual Blades and my Bows, and I had a lot more DBs and Bows than Glaives :P

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 29, 2015, 08:53:43 PM
487 hours? O.O Now we know why Super Smash Bros Open did not progress since 2013. :trollface:
Yes and no. Because yeah, if I spent the time and motivation I spent on MH4U on SSBO instead, it would be even more polished than any Smash game ever released, even including official ones (well ok, maybe not :P). But on the other hand, I spent time on MH4U to get motivation back after school and school projects so trying to work on SSBO would just waste time without motivation.

External motivation can change things too, you know, like learning that Axe won't be ported to the CE line, so SSBO will only be available on a platform that will be dead in a small number of years. It doesn't really give any motivation to finish it if only two people in the world will play it. Once.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I agree. I wish Mono2Color would come out for the CE. It lets you play 83+/84+ games on color calcs.