Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Which game in this list is your favorite?

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, February 13, 2016, 04:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which game in this list is your favorite?

Desert Bus
2 (20%)
CrazyBus
0 (0%)
Hong Kong 97
1 (10%)
Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing
2 (20%)
Superman 64
0 (0%)
Ride to Hell: Retribution
1 (10%)
E.T
3 (30%)
Zelda: Wand of Gamelon
1 (10%)
Pyongyang Racer
0 (0%)
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Dream of Omnimaga

So I completed it for the first time ever, in 8 minutes 30 seconds. The controls are so bad that I had to slow down all the time to catch oil barrels and location cards.

Maybe we should hold a challenge where everyone has to complete all those games. Except Desert Bus and Hong Kong 97 of course, because that's just sadistic. :P

Also in Pyongyang Racer, if you repeatedly mash the accelerator button very fast, the car engine gets extremely loud.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, I did not include the Atari/NES pr0n games on that list, but if I would have done it, then I actually found a SNES adult game that is even worse than CrazyBus. It's basically like Custer's Revenge (18+), Cho Aniki and Hong Kong 97 combined and it's an homebrew SNES game called Rape Games (18+). I urge you to not search for the speedrun on Youtube if you are at work or under 18+ because this is by far the most WTF thing you'll ever see in a video game O.O  (and I won't link to it since we can't post pr0n on the forums/IRC).

Also apparently the game was available on the Amiga and the SNES version would be a port (which came out in 1993). When I found Big Rigs, I thought I had hit the bottom of the barrel in terms of horrible games, but seeing Rape Games, I think we never will O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

QuoteBy the way, I did not include the Atari/NES pr0n games on that list, but if I would have done it, then I actually found a SNES adult game that is even worse than CrazyBus. It's basically like Custer's Revenge (18+), Cho Aniki and Hong Kong 97 combined and it's an homebrew SNES game called Rape Games (18+). I urge you to not search for the speedrun on Youtube if you are at work or under 18+ because this is by far the most WTF thing you'll ever see in a video game O.O  (and I won't link to it since we can't post pr0n on the forums/IRC).
Hahaha, how you found that game ?
I gave it a try and it's seriously sick but i was seriously expecting worse.
I must say though that the last level of the game is very creative...

I voted for Zelda : Wand of Gameleon by the way because while it is not a very good game, at least they tried to make a decent effort.
The backgrounds are amazing, the characters a bit less so but they still look very detailed.
It's a shame the game designers clearly didn't know how to make a good game...
If you guys are saying this is the worst CD-i game, clearly, you have not seen Dark Castle (awful controls) and Video Speedway (no sense of speed)...

EDIT: I forgot to mention the cutscenes but these became legendary lol.
Seriously, it's thanks to them Youtube poop exists at all !
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

Apparently, there are rumors that says that some of the girls depicted in the game are underage. I cannot find any evidence of it, though. To me, the girls in the game looks more like people in the 65-80 years old range at times. And yeah that last level was the most random thing I saw. Even more random is the audio in the first level, though. O.O

Also yeah at least the CD-i Zelda games looked like a lot of effort was put into them. They were just not well executed. Also, back then, the games got a lot of good reviews. I guess they just aged poorly and quickly at that. The worst CD-i games IMHO are probably the ones that are just full-motion video-based games, which was cool at the time due to being so realistic but quickly got old due to lack of interactivity. The same problem plagued the Sega CD and 3DO (Plumbers Don't Wear Ties anyone? I'm adding the game to the poll :P)

Yuki

Yeah, the gameplay on those CD-i games (mainly those based on the Nintendo licenses, are there others out there?) are nearly as horrible as those games in the bonus features section of a DVD movie (I'd even say that it probably was a precursor), but the graphics were absolutely on point. The cutscenes themselves, probably with a bit better voice acting, would probably make for a good cartoon.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Also, wasn't there a CD-i Zelda game where a glitch prevented both music and sound effects from playing at the same time?