Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

(split) CodeWalrus Minecraft Server

Started by brentmaas, October 12, 2015, 12:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

I'll have to look up the command syntax online, then. By the way, the city has grown very large. The volcano has been replaced with a lower part of the city which will eventually be expanded (perhaps some sort of plaza?)

Also nice @Juju O.O

EDIT: The server crashed again >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

brentmaas

Lel I glitched Omni

Dream of Omnimaga

Not sure. It's back up now, though.

However, something weird is going on in the Nether. If I set a portal to come back to the overworld, it warps me like millions of light years away from the respawn point so I have to kill myself then respawn close to town.

Also, I setup lots of TNT 24 hours ago in the nether and it explodes forever now, when you approach it. It's weird.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

brentmaas

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 24, 2015, 11:33:51 PM
However, something weird is going on in the Nether. If I set a portal to come back to the overworld, it warps me like millions of light years away from the respawn point so I have to kill myself then respawn close to town.
That's how the nether works. For every block you travel in the nether, you travel 8 blocks in the overworld. Multiply by a couple of chunks and you're miles away.
Lel I glitched Omni

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah I see now. I actually copied a chunk or two of the city part of our map into the Nether using worldedit and then setup TNT above it, giving it a post-apocalyptic look.

And now the server crashed again (Failed to connect or create a socket: 111 (Connection refused) on http://mc.codewalr.us/ ) so @juju2143 will have to restart it, meaning if he needs to physically do it then it might be down for 1-2 weeks since he's not home until then >.<

I wonder how much RAM and CPU speed the server has?

Yuki

* Juju points to a post a few pages ago

If you see the web page, the server is still on, so I don't need to physically be there.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok, but it shows an error though. Also on which VPS is it hosted and what are the specs? It looks like they're not too great.

Also since it's still down despite you posting this, I figured that perhaps you needed to be physically there. :P

EDIT: Actually it's not that the server is down, but rather the fact I am no longer able to connect @Juju

Yuki

I'm on my phone and the ssh app is slow :P
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I see. I didn't realize that >.<

The error in game is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information:

Sounds very Microsoft-ish <_<

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

What's scary is that I was actually moving a section of the town up (by three blocks) and it crashed in the middle of it, so now only parts of the moving will be done and it will be a mess. >.<

On the other hand I doubt it will be that messed up

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 25, 2015, 12:38:32 AM
What's scary is that I was actually moving a section of the town up (by three blocks) and it crashed in the middle of it, so now only parts of the moving will be done and it will be a mess. >.<

On the other hand I doubt it will be that messed up

You might wanna watch out with big worldedit actions. If you select a rigion it says the amount of blocks in that region in parenthesis, you might wanna watch out it doesnt go above a few thousand
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

brentmaas

Dump the logs on pastebin and let us have a look at it. We might just find why or at least 20 stacktraces.
Lel I glitched Omni