Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

(Results out!) CW 4x3 Game Contest!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, April 28, 2015, 11:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on May 01, 2015, 09:22:10 AM
Wasn't there already a gold Walrii?
Yeah, hence why for the medals they would be more like tokens with a resized walrii in it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

The userbar shoud be custom for the user.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

The user bar should be a scaled up 4x3 of the game they made!
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually that seems like a good idea :D. It should probably also include a scaled down copy of the medal.

Also thanks guys for the comments and suggestions about the contest. Even though we might not always agree 100% with everything, I'm happy that CodeWalrus members tell us or our users directly what they have issues with instead of in their back. Politics-aside, I wish good luck to the contestants and don't forget to backup your work (and other projects) often to avoid bad surprises, especially with hard drives and people who code directly on-calc. :)

Do you think this contest should be announced on other websites?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

I think it would do something for publicity, but Its your choice.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 02, 2015, 12:38:05 AM
Actually that seems like a good idea :D. It should probably also include a scaled down copy of the medal.

Also thanks guys for the comments and suggestions about the contest. Even though we might not always agree 100% with everything, I'm happy that CodeWalrus members tell us or our users directly what they have issues with instead of in their back. Politics-aside, I wish good luck to the contestants and don't forget to backup your work (and other projects) often to avoid bad surprises, especially with hard drives and people who code directly on-calc. :)

Do you think this contest should be announced on other websites?
About backing up I my calc reset and NAGOJI 4x3 got deleted but it is all good (I did some pretty noob coding looking at my out of date back up so it will hopefully be better made now :P)

Dream of Omnimaga

Ouch,  hopefully you can prevent such data loss in thr future. I guess rewrites don't hurt sometimes, providing the author doesn't end up doing an endless rewrite cycle like some past calc projects (E:SoR anyone?)

alexgt

Yeah the code now is much more organized and I am backing it up on calc whenever I fix any major bugs or make it do more stuff but luckly I think the rewrite was for the better this time (I don't want it to happen again though :P)

Siapran

Sorry if the question is a bit obvious, but is sound allowed?

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

I have an idea...

If only I could figure out how to integrate sound into a program :|

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Siapran on May 08, 2015, 08:59:27 PM
Sorry if the question is a bit obvious, but is sound allowed?
Yes but during judging we don't use speakers/headphones, so gameplay that is heavily dependent on sound is not recommended.

Your entry must also not require extra hardware like some of the programs that @Keoni29 made in the past.

Unicorn

Ya know what would be cool? A garageband type program.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

TIfanx1999

So yea, this is a pretty cool contest idea. It really tests your creativity. I'm thinking I might enter with a rougelike RPG. :D