Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Cookie Clicker for the Nspire!

Started by semiprocoder, November 29, 2015, 09:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

semiprocoder

DJ I am not 100% sure that my game works with 3.6. Could you check if it does?
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

semiprocoder

Update!
Almost all of the glitches are fixed(excluding the timer and a few minor bugs I may not know of, despite putting timer.stop() in on.deactivate()).

First off, I balanced the producers better by making everything more expensive(although I may have made it too expensive).

I added many items, most of them troll items, to the game. I guess whichever ones you think I should keep I will keep. These include:
prism,
potato(look at first post for reason),
ti nspire calc,
ti 84,
super cookie,
and finally pfudor(pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows)

Attached is an animated screeenshot of the game.

Dream of Omnimaga

Lol nice update. But does it still include the walrus? :P

Also make sure that late items aren't worthless, as in rewarding less than earlier items. I noticed that happening with one Cookie Clicker game in the past, where the factory was worth more than the next two items by far. That's unless of course an item is intended to be trollish and to make you waste money, though.

I'm not too sure about the political item, though, because it might be better in such case to include all major politicians :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

semiprocoder

Well, I'm not actually doing that. That was temporary, and I removed him from the game. Seeing as he is the richest of any candidate though, I think he was the best option to include for one day. He makes the most money, and that translates to more cookies.

Also right now all my items still follow cost order, but each subsequent item decreases performance/cost a little bit. And of course there is pfudor, which is almost impossible to get, but if you somehow do get it it still has about the same performance/cost as the previous producer.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok good to hear. I think it was @JWinslow23 CSE game that had misordered cost ratios. I ended up using factories during most of the game as a result. But again I'm not one to talk with Illusiat series :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

It might be another calc game then. I just remember factories being OP or the next two item imbalanced :P

JWinslow23

There are only two other Cookie Clicker games for the +CSE that I know of, and the only one I think you'd know is Kerm's. Didn't notice anything off there :P

Dream of Omnimaga

I guess I'll need to investigate, then. I really recall one of the calculator game where the factory had a much higher reward:begin price ratio than the rest. Not that it matters much, though. Just make sure that the game isn't as imbalanced as Illusiat 3 :P (where the level 30-50 orb enemy can be killed in one hit, no matter your level, as long as you have enough MP to cast offensive magic spells, then you are almost 100% guaranteed to level up. And not to mention that level 10 brute in the 2nd dungeon that has 995 HP https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=665.0 )
Quote from: semiprocoder on December 01, 2015, 01:37:49 AM
DJ I am not 100% sure that my game works with 3.6. Could you check if it does?
I'll try to check later @semiprocoder .

semiprocoder

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 05, 2015, 01:18:14 AM
I'll try to check later @semiprocoder .

Thanks!

Also since I'm pretty much done with the game, I am putting up my download. Now there are two ti 84s, one basic and one asm. Also could you suggest any additions to the game, like more sprites or whatever :/.

Dream of Omnimaga

I am downloading it now. I just plugged in my Nspire to charge it and it appears that the game runs on 3.6 :D

Only some issues:

-In the main menu, the selection rectangle overlaps on the text above and below. Maybe make the rectangle smaller or increase the space between each line of text?
-The Walrus icon is blurry. Also I think all icons should have a background like the others, else it's not really consistent.

Otherwise, it looks very nice so far. Do you plan to add the background to the upgrade screen and a title?

semiprocoder

Ok so I've added the background to the upgrade screen, fixed the menu, and just got the 45 by 45 walrus instead of the 24 by 24 one.
But what do you mean by a title. Do you mean like a big cookie clicker on the top in the menu?
Edit: I found a really detremental glich that made moneyPerClick=0 when you upgraded anything. I fixed it now.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I meant some title logo or screen with a cookie on the side or something. Also isn't the scaled up walrus 48*48 or do you mean the higher resolution sprite?

semiprocoder

So I have finally decided to finalize this. There is no cookie in the title, but I have added one(Cookie Clicker: NSpired, ik so original), and I have just uploaded my game to ticalc.
Attached is a game only(the gif is too large to post and I am too lazy to upload it somewhere else.
Also the walrus is the higher resolution sprite, not scaled up.

EDIT: Fixed a glitch that I didn't notice when testing, cause I just looked to see if the help screen worked, but turns out the menu stopped working before because I forgot to remove focus on the help text. The updated version is now attached.

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX