Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Games that stay really fun

Started by alexgt, December 13, 2015, 11:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

Ok, I know I sped up the game and everything but it is still fun somehow even after 10+ nonillion cookies :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

In my case, a game that stays really fun is a game that I'll like a long time ago, and when I play it again years later, I still enjoy it. But if we take in account games with good replay value to us, then I would say that Mario games are games I would definitively replay over and over.

For RPGs, I usually like replaying them, but it depends which one and the 2nd time I usually play with cheats just for the story or I won't use cheats and I'll just unlock everything.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Yeah, that is what happened with cookie clicker, I came back to it and said to myself how do I make the most cookies without directly changing the actual amount :P

I personally played Portal prelude over and over again until finally I got to where I was speed running it in under 5 min xD

kegwaan

A lot of arcade games stay really fun, that's the point: to get the player off as quickly as possible and want to play again. But then we start porting them, and we get to play as much as we want without losing our quarters
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

Araidia

I have to say that all of those fighter games stay fun(especially the Smash Bros Series). I guess the online shooters can stay fun as well. But never those games that come from the movies(Lego Star Wars/Harry Potter).
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

alexgt

Games with no cut scenes or little of them I would play more than once

Yuki

I keep playing Solitaire on my phone. Card games are really fun for some reason, also the thrill to try to complete a game under 3 minutes. Or even 2:30 that's really fast I did that once and I was like, haaaaaaaaaa \o/
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on December 14, 2015, 02:01:56 AM
Yeah, that is what happened with cookie clicker, I came back to it and said to myself how do I make the most cookies without directly changing the actual amount :P

I personally played Portal prelude over and over again until finally I got to where I was speed running it in under 5 min xD
Actually if you are able to do that, you should try recording yourself playing from the emulator and keep the best run. You could put it on Youtube :)
Quote from: kegwaan on December 14, 2015, 02:05:28 AM
A lot of arcade games stay really fun, that's the point: to get the player off as quickly as possible and want to play again. But then we start porting them, and we get to play as much as we want without losing our quarters
Yeah arcade games were often made hard to make people spend more money to beat the game. I'm glad that nowadays there are arcade places where they unlocked their machines so we can play as much as we want for free (or for the cost of a few drinks)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 14, 2015, 09:23:17 AM
Quote from: alexgt on December 14, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Actually if you are able to do that, you should try recording yourself playing from the emulator and keep the best run. You could put it on Youtube :)
Yeah, but I would have to either learn the control layout for the emulator or record the IRL calc and that makes for worse vids than just the emu <_<

aetios

Portal 1 is also fun to re-play, you can actually play that in like an afternoon.
ceci n'est pas une signature

p4nix

• Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Ivoah

Quote from: Juju on December 14, 2015, 06:16:53 AM
I keep playing Solitaire on my phone. Card games are really fun for some reason, also the thrill to try to complete a game under 3 minutes. Or even 2:30 that's really fast I did that once and I was like, haaaaaaaaaa \o/

Solitaire is probably my most played game on my CSE, most of the time I beat it in ~4:00
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

aetios

ceci n'est pas une signature

p4nix

In a room with a lot of turrets... I think I missed a switch and can't go back..
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

alexgt

Quote from: p4nix on December 17, 2015, 07:53:39 PM
In a room with a lot of turrets... I think I missed a switch and can't go back..
Lol, I never completed portal 2 and never played portal 1 :P