Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CodeWalr.us Post Notifier [Windows] [Mac] [Linux]

Started by DarkestEx, May 17, 2015, 09:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Yay!

And DJ, when I said I'd set my background, I really did it. Though it is kind of hard to find files.

EDIT:

Here's the screenshot of the Post Notifier cutoff.

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DarkestEx

Quote from: Unicorn on June 10, 2015, 05:50:51 PM
Yay!

And DJ, when I said I'd set my background, I really did it. Though it is kind of hard to find files.

EDIT:

Here's the screenshot of the Post Notifier cutoff.

Oh I see. I will add this to my Todo list (expand the label height).
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

DarkestEx

Important Notice:
The temporarily hosted Notifier Feed API, currently hosted by me, will be shut down on June 15th.
Your Notifier will then stop working. Kindly, Juju is now hosting the official API for CodeWalr.us on the CW server.
To keep your Notifier running, you have to change the Feed URL in the settings (Menu -> Settings) to the following:
http://codewalr.us/notifier/

This will be the only time that the API path is changed and I hope you all update it and enjoy the Notifier.

Greetings, DarkestEx
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Unicorn

So I can use that feed right now? And also, can I make this work for Cemetech or Omnimaga?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DarkestEx

Quote from: Unicorn on June 10, 2015, 11:22:28 PM
So I can use that feed right now? And also, can I make this work for Cemetech or Omnimaga?
Yes, the feed is already going :)
It does work for Omnimaga, however you need to copy the client to another folder (to keep settings different) and host the server API somewhere.
Maybe I can get somebody to host it. I will ask for you.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: DarkestEx on June 10, 2015, 11:14:04 PM
Important Notice:
The temporarily hosted Notifier Feed API, currently hosted by me, will be shut down on June 15th.
Your Notifier will then stop working. Kindly, Juju is now hosting the official API for CodeWalr.us on the CW server.
To keep your Notifier running, you have to change the Feed URL in the settings (Menu -> Settings) to the following:

This will be the only time that the API path is changed and I hope you all update it and enjoy the Notifier.

Greetings, DarkestEx
Will the download link and your site URL be affected?

I guess it's better if the API is hosted here for now, since it will ensure that it remains up as long as CW exists. Eventually we might prefer hosting a backup copy of the notifier itself on CW as well, though (perhaps with mirror links) to ensure that if your site ever goes down, then we still have a copy. Same for Cumred's notifier app. For now, your download link will do, though. But thanks for letting us know about the API change.

Will the post notifier be updated with the new API link by default?

By the way, do you plan to add a setting for Windows users to launch the notifier on Windows startup and minimizing to system tray, to avoid cluttering the task bar?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

I think we must set the API link manually.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 10, 2015, 11:30:46 PM
Quote from: DarkestEx on June 10, 2015, 11:14:04 PM
Important Notice:

Greetings, DarkestEx
Will the download link and your site URL be affected?

I guess it's better if the API is hosted here for now, since it will ensure that it remains up as long as CW exists. Eventually we might prefer hosting a backup copy of the notifier itself on CW as well, though (perhaps with mirror links) to ensure that if your site ever goes down, then we still have a copy. Same for Cumred's notifier app. For now, your download link will do, though. But thanks for letting us know about the API change.

Will the post notifier be updated with the new API link by default?

By the way, do you plan to add a setting for Windows users to launch the notifier on Windows startup?
No the download link won't be affected ;)

Yeah it's better to host the API on your server; it makes sure it stays alive and it is basically more central.

Yes, all new versions will include the new link, but for now, please change it manually.

Yes. I added that request now to the Todo list :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Cool to hear. Also I just got another idea: What about a setting where you can enter member IDs, separated by commas, so that for example, if I entered ID #1 it ignored my posts? That way, I don't get notified of my own posts. Of course, people would probably be able to use it to ignore posts from specific users or boards, which might not necessarily be good, but I guess that could be handy if the forum got super busy at one point and some new members were obnoxious (although they would get punished eventually, but that can take a few offenses before they do, depending of how active they are)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 10, 2015, 11:55:35 PM
Cool to hear. Also I just got another idea: What about a setting where you can enter member IDs, separated by commas, so that for example, if I entered ID #1 it ignored my posts? That way, I don't get notified of my own posts. Of course, people would probably be able to use it to ignore posts from specific users or boards, which might not necessarily be good, but I guess that could be handy if the forum got super busy at one point and some new members were obnoxious (although they would get punished eventually, but that can take a few offenses before they do, depending of how active they are)
Yes, I am going to split the settings and the design file and allow to blacklist specific posts or topics.
That was all on my todo list already (maybe with Username or User ID / with topic name or topic id), but thanks for asking, as that tells me that my feeling was right about that addition ;)

Unicorn

Great! Also, once you get other things done, being able to click on a name to visit the profile?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DarkestEx

Quote from: Unicorn on June 12, 2015, 08:04:59 AM
Great! Also, once you get other things done, being able to click on a name to visit the profile?
Of course can I add that, if you really want it ;)

DarkestEx

It's update time again :)

Change log:
Version based on GitHub commit 64c3de7

Items completed from Todo list:
- Make MainWindow Present itself when started
- Add unread post count to title bar
- Change default API to http://codewalr.us/notifier/
- Expand label size; see http://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=477.msg15349#msg15349

Other things:
- Made the Notifier resizable
- Fixed some labels
- Changed the design a little
- Intelligent HTML rendering

Download it here

Have fun!

Snektron

Awesome :D i should fix some small things on mine too, but school >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Quote from: DarkestEx on June 12, 2015, 09:24:32 PM
It's update time again :)

Change log:
Version based on GitHub commit 64c3de7

Items completed from Todo list:
- Make MainWindow Present itself when started
- Add unread post count to title bar
- Change default API to http://codewalr.us/notifier/
- Expand label size; see http://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=477.msg15349#msg15349

Other things:
- Made the Notifier resizable
- Fixed some labels
- Changed the design a little
- Intelligent HTML rendering

Download it here

Have fun!
Awesome deinitly like being able to resize it :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX