Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

(split) CodeWalrus Minecraft Server

Started by brentmaas, October 12, 2015, 12:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p4nix

Obviously it can't blow up. Hitting the button will spawn an explosion sound (which can't be heard from the control room...) and fireworks.
Thanks for setting up command blocks and a better door to Cumred_Snektron :)
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

SiphonicSugar

Hey, if you want p4nix, next time I get on the server, I can make a door that will only open when you stand next to it and you have the key...

I'm a super command block guy...
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

princetonlion.tibd

Just realized that my Temple thing in the End is gone. What happened?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

c4ooo

It got damaged by ender dragons 3 weeks ago :P
I think someone removed it after that <_<

princetonlion.tibd

Darn :P

That's what happens when you build in the End :P
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: princetonlion.tibd on January 09, 2016, 05:41:30 PM
Just realized that my Temple thing in the End is gone. What happened?
You should probably have built it on the main map or the nether (preferably the main map).

Also walruses are multiplying:

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

princetonlion.tibd

Dream of Omnimaga

@Juju @Streetwalrus @Ivoah @Cumred_Snektron , is it possible that we have a griefer on the server? Because someone had fun disconnecting redstone and removing redstone repeaters on several lower floors of my big tower...
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Unlikely, but if youre really worried then maybe juju can haweye in. IIRC itw a bit heavy though
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Also we definitively need backups. If for any reason someone accidentally deleted the entire town with worldedit, then it's over: We lose everything. If juju can't perform backups himself, then perhaps he should let Streetwalrus in so he can back the map up alongside the CW database every week? (He has a computer setup for that at home)

But yeah, the redstone damage in my tower was definitvely not just accidental removal, since some of it is far away from the spawn point and on several floors. It looked like specific parts were removed.

If someone just wanted to build an office there and turn some lights off, then perhaps he should just add a switch to that floor so he can turn lights on/off on that invidivual floor?

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

princetonlion.tibd

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 10, 2016, 11:45:08 PM
@Juju @Streetwalrus @Ivoah @Cumred_Snektron , is it possible that we have a griefer on the server? Because someone had fun disconnecting redstone and removing redstone repeaters on several lower floors of my big tower...

I got lost in the big tower and came out through the main power switch. I might of accidentally broken something but I don't think I did.

EDIT: Didn't see DJ's second post.

ben_g

Quote from: alexgt on January 11, 2016, 02:51:27 PM
Isn't there a //undo for world edit?
Yeah, but when you (accidentally or not) change huge parts of the world, then it can run out of RAM and crash. That already happened before on the server, but luckily only a part of pong was corrupted and not the entire town.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, //undo stops working when you have been disconnected for a long while.

Also I found something annoying about Worldedit: The higher the changes occur in altitude, the more RAM it seems to take to process. I once changed 97000 blocks on the ground and it took like 10 seconds, yet 800 blocks at the highest level of the sky would crash the server. It apparently has something to do with how much shadows need to be changed under the selection.

So if you plan to build medium sized structure very high in the sky, then you should use stained glass and only do the opaque block addition/changes manually, or edit about 200 blocks at a time.

Anyway I now built an house in the trees.

ben_g

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 11, 2016, 09:48:06 PM
Also I found something annoying about Worldedit: The higher the changes occur in altitude, the more RAM it seems to take to process. I once changed 97000 blocks on the ground and it took like 10 seconds, yet 800 blocks at the highest level of the sky would crash the server. It apparently has something to do with how much shadows need to be changed under the selection.
It should only take more time, not more memory, so it by itself shouldn't cause a crash. However, recent Minecraft servers have a 'watchdog' that measures tick speed and terminates the server when it goes above a certain limit. While this does make it easier to make scripts that automatically reboot the server when it froze, it also can cause crashes when the server is lagging or doing heavy calculations. If this feature is enabled, then it may be best to either disable it, or set the time limit to something big, like a minute or so.