Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

First Fantasy Casio PRIZM [fx-CG10][fx-CG20][BASIC][9860G][9750Gii]

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, September 22, 2015, 01:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

So for a while I was contemplating making a CASIO fx-CG10 and fx-CG20 version of First Fantasy: Mana Force, written in BASIC. While it would not look as good as the CSE/CE hybrid BASIC versions, I can take advantage of the many special characters available on that calculator (even shapes and icons).

I don't have much done, but the title screen and half of the intro have been converted so far.

Assuming all those characters are available on the 9860G as well, this means the game will be compatible with that calc too by default, albeit with no color. Otherwise I can easily modify it I guess (p4nix was planning to make an ASM version, but I guess I can always make my BASIC version compatible in case he postpones his remake or something)

Anyway, the game would also be based on the color remakes, not the original, so it would retain most enhancements. The screen is 21x7 characters, though, versus 26x10 on the CSE/CE and 16x8 on the 84+. This is why the title screen says First Fantasy instead of Mana Force (the latter will probably be added after the text intro thing). The HUD will also be on the right, with a 15x7 area used for maps.

EDIT: Here is a Youtube video of the game in action :D

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Update:

I have finished the intro and designing the village. It's 15x7. Also, Mana has been renamed to AP in this version. (Ability Points). XP stands for Xperience.

Check the first post above for a newly-added Youtube video of the game in action so far! As always, since it's for the PRIZM and pure-BASIC, it doesn't look as good as the CSE version, but it should do the job considering the 2002 version looked even worse, and it's still kinda true to the original I guess.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Thanks tr1p1ea. Also developing this game is a bit akward because SourceCoder projects on Cemetech only allows working on 1 program at a time, so if I need to edit another program, I have to close the current one. Also I use the small fonts, which are very hard to type out.

novenary

Unicorn

Lookin good! :)

Hopefully this gets more publicity on cemetech.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Looks cool! I can see this calc is way faster. I guess there is no background color support?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

There is some lag but overall homescreen is not bad. But yeah, bgcolor support is non-existent and there are only 8 colors including white

Quote from: Unicorn on September 24, 2015, 08:36:53 PM
Lookin good! :)

Hopefully this gets more publicity on cemetech.
I am not too thrilled about posting projects on a site where  an admin claims that CodeWalrus is a fiasco, but I'll see.

EDIT: An update on progress: The code that is used for text fade-in effects is now a sub-routine that is part of the main set of sub-routines, to avoid repeating code. The title screen now fades-in in the same colors as the rest, as I felt it was kinda pointless to make it go through red when it ends up being black. Also, after the text intro, you now see the full game title fade-in: First Fantasy: Mana Force.