You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

[TI-84+CE] StackerCE - Stacker for the TI84+ CE [C]

Previous topic - Next topic

b/Game Downloads publicado por u/Unicorn May 13, 2016, 05:37:16 AM
Have you ever played the timeless game Stacker on your Phone, or at an arcade? Well, now you can with the all new StackerCE! The program is complete, with customizable colors and two different skins, as well as an Endless gamemode! I suggest giving this game a try!

Download

[spoiler=Original]Hey everyone! I pretty much finished SwipeCE yesterday, so I decided to go ahead and start creating another game! At first I went for snake, but I haven't figured out how to get a snake moving around, so I decided to port Stacker!

Anyways, Screenshot below, and I hope to finish it by next week Wednesday or so, depending on the amount of studying I have to do for finals ;)

[/spoiler]
Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 12:44:10 AM by DJ Omnimaga
Inicia sesión o crea una cuenta para dejar un comentario
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 13, 2016, 05:57:10 AM
Oh that's a nice idea actually. I didn't play that game before but I saw it in some arcades. Do you plan to add some graphics once the engine is done? (eg make the blocks look more like Tetris and make the frame more detailed, maybe like the arcade?)
u/Unicorn May 13, 2016, 06:02:56 AM
Thanks!

I may do that, though I don't want to make the program to large, if you know what I mean. But I guess the graphics are 10x10, so 2 or 3 of those wouldn't increase the size by to much.
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 13, 2016, 06:04:12 AM
Well, you could probably just use a few graphics that are tiled and at low bit rate (I think 16 colors would be more than enough) and have parts that are just a plain color. Or for squares you could draw some borders with line and rectangles.
u/alexgt May 13, 2016, 12:01:23 PM
Looks nice Unicorn ;) I am actually pretty good at the real stacker :P
u/kegwaan May 14, 2016, 01:40:52 AM
Whoa, I think this'll turn out nice.
And I'm pretty good at the real arcade stacker too, as good as you can get at a rigged game  <_<
u/Dudeman313 May 14, 2016, 03:29:47 AM
Nice idea!

What I would want to see is maybe another iOS to CE port, more specifically, Stack.
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 14, 2016, 04:45:23 AM
Quote from: kegwaan on May 14, 2016, 01:40:52 AM
Whoa, I think this'll turn out nice.
And I'm pretty good at the real arcade stacker too, as good as you can get at a rigged game  <_<
Is the arcade version really rigged or is it just very hard? Because I find it kinda weird that such type of game would be rigged, unless it's a mechanical arcade machine or that the game code makes the block stop moving a little bit too late only in certain occasions so you spend more credits.

EDIT: It seems like it's definitively rigged, according to Google. It can be hard to tell with arcade games, though. Many old arcade games are not necessarily rigged, but super mega hard as hell. This is why many console action games in the 90's were so hard, because they were based on arcade games.
Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 04:48:16 AM by DJ Omnimaga
u/alexgt May 15, 2016, 01:41:39 AM
Well that is why we have 3D printers! now you can print a plastic tool to fool arcade games that you put in a quarter  (-_(//));
u/Unicorn May 15, 2016, 04:25:20 AM
Its done! Download in the OP, heres a screenshot! There is still things to do, like sprites and customizable colors and menus, but for now, it works :)

Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 04:33:26 AM by Unicorn
u/alexgt May 15, 2016, 05:37:34 AM
Nice work Unicorn ;) It looks great!
u/kegwaan May 15, 2016, 01:39:16 PM
Whoa, looks good  :thumbsup:
Are you going for looking like the original or basing it off of the original? Either way, I think it'll turn out nice.
u/Unicorn May 15, 2016, 03:53:00 PM
Thanks guys!I'm thinking I'm gonaa create my own sprites, but I may ad an option to have the original graphics...
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 17, 2016, 08:27:32 AM
Glad to see a release. I'll download it when I can. Is it rigged like the original game? Because Critor on TI-Planet tried the game multiple times and could reach the second to last row multiple times, but never the last. :P https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=201811#p201812
u/aetios May 17, 2016, 08:27:57 AM
So if I win do I get a psvita?
Start a Discussion

b/Game Downloads

Video games for TI, HP, Casio calculators, as well as Android, PC and game consoles.

Topics
Explore Board
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators