Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Possible new project

Started by Jokeriske, June 08, 2017, 05:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokeriske

We may possible make a new project.
well, not realy a new project, but we might replace platformer v2 with an actual storyline about a walrus.
We have some ideas about a walrus that's stranded on a abandoned island when a tsunami occurs.
Wallrii gets stranded, but gets unconcious when this happens, when he wakes up all the water dissapeared.
His quest is now to go back to the sea.
Here is where everything begins ;)

Here is a random video :p

incase the video doesn't work here is the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_vPtbwm8_o

Dream of Omnimaga

I sawthis earlier and I'm happy to see a new :walrii: platformer in the works. I hope this comes to fruition.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

xMarminq_

I'd like to see the big and small walrii fit in the tiles perfectly if possible  :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

Dream of Omnimaga

Because of Walrii layout, I think if someone made a game using 16x16 sprites, he could just offset Walrii by a few pixels so that the eyes and legs, as well as each side of the body, overlap on the tiles surrounding him. I tried that before and it still looks fine. In fact, if the floor, walls and ceiling are made a bit similar to certain SNES games where they look a bit 3D (not necessarily like Contra nor Donkey Kong Country, but you get the idea) then it will look perfect and realistic.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

c4ooo

Quote from: Jokeriske on June 08, 2017, 05:42:54 PM
well, not realy a new project, but we might replace platformer v2 with an actual storyline about a walrus.
We have some ideas about a walrus that's stranded on a abandoned island when a tsunami occurs.
Wallrii gets stranded, but gets unconcious when this happens, when he wakes up all the water dissapeared.

incase the video doesn't work here is the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_vPtbwm8_o
Holy c. What was meant to be the video didn't work; but what was meant to be the backup link in case the video didn't work became a video O.o

p2

iirc there was a walrii having tiny flapping wings, they would probably fit in pretty good if the walrii can jump that heigh ;)
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

The winged Walrii could be used as power up

_iPhoenix_

The walrii in my sig could be used as power ups, same as my walrii coin!
Edit!
This:
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

Jokeriske

Can we use this in our project? it looks very awesome!

Quote from: c4ooo on June 11, 2017, 06:04:04 PM
Quote from: Jokeriske on June 08, 2017, 05:42:54 PM

Holy s***. What was meant to be the video didn't work; but what was meant to be the backup link in case the video didn't work became a video O.o

these are the same videos :p

Quote from: xMarminq_ on June 11, 2017, 12:21:48 PM
I'd like to see the big and small walrii fit in the tiles perfectly if possible  :)

we will try ;)

Edit: Please try to not post more than one post in a row, thanks. --Juju

_iPhoenix_

Sure! Everything I do (on here, at least) is free use, for however you need it, just plop me in the credits somewhere!

EDIT:
Since it is currently summer, I have decent amounts of time on my hands, so I could re-work those sprites (including tiles, power ups), just tell me what you need.

Evolution of my avatar:

Alvajoy123

Reminds me of brofist.io
But online and different characters
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CE
The maker of Xenon.

_iPhoenix_

Also, I am working on an 8-bit, chiptune song (for other reasons) and it made me think of this project. I'll edit this post when I have it done, which should only be a few days.

Evolution of my avatar: