Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Your favorite chiptune music

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 26, 2014, 07:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Actually, I should hear to FRLG soundtrack without the low-fi GBA sound output. I hope they have good quality samples.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

novenary

Even on the real GBA it's awesome. Aaaaah the good old days. :3 Fire Red was my first handheld game ever (got it for my 9th bday with a light blue GBA SP :D).

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: Streetwalrus on December 01, 2014, 05:00:40 PM
Even on the real GBA it's awesome. Aaaaah the good old days. :3 Fire Red was my first handheld game ever (got it for my 9th bday with a light blue GBA SP :D).

Oh, mine was Sneaky Snakes, on GB. It oesn't work anymore as the ROM is damaged... :/

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you mean a cartridge or an emulator ROM? If it's a cartridge it sucks because some games are hard to find or expensive. (and they more expensive as cartridges fail with the time, although it's rare that a game cart will fail really)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 02, 2014, 08:41:55 AM
Do you mean a cartridge or an emulator ROM? If it's a cartridge it sucks because some games are hard to find or expensive. (and they more expensive as cartridges fail with the time, although it's rare that a game cart will fail really)

I meant my cartridge...  The first emulator I got were given to me by my father. Snes9x and MAme32.

unknownloner

As far as C64 goes, I quite like this one

Although my favorite might be the robocop title song

Also, recently started playing castlevania aria of sorrow on emulator and got hooked on the game's music right from the starting area

/)

Dream of Omnimaga

Not a big fan of the Robocop one because it seems to miss one important part of Robocop theme for some reasons, which is what I remembered Robocop for, but I like the others quite well.

At least the NES Robocop theme had that part I am talking about, although at the wrong pitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD6KKXJEJA8

That said I kinda like the Atari 8 bit Robocop Demo music version too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWB754Dif4U
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

unknownloner

I'll be honest I've never heard the original robocop theme, I just really liked that title theme in particular.

/)

Keoni29

If you like my work, why not give me an internet?

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Super Meat Boy does have nice chiptune tracks and it seems they're are legit (mainly NES but some are from Game Boy). Here's my favorite, Betus Blues Retro.

Keoni29

Youtube tag does not seem to work. Just url's do sometimes
https://youtube.com/watch?v=xJoU-E9gR6Y
I dunno about the other tracks, but this does not sound like it could be done on NES or gameboy hardware w/o expansion chips (too many channels).
I like this one as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMYAmU7Mgsw
If you like my work, why not give me an internet?

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Strange, I see both of them on Fx mobile or Fx (linux). Yeah Lil' Slugger is rad as hell! :p

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I don't have any problems seeing Youtube tags either. However remember that you need to use HTTP not HTTPS with Youtube tags. I'll listen to the track later.

novenary

Yup Super Meat Boy has great music. :D

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok I listened to that one first track and it sounds pretty nice and NES-like, even though it has more channels. Could this be doable in Famitracker or a Sega Genesis tracker?