Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kegwaan

Welcome to the forums! (sorry I'm a little late to welcoming you, I was at school) I also only know Basic, and I'm learning Axe. But I wish you well in refreshing your memory. I've also never finished anything, I've barely even started Fallout 84+ (which will start moving after I learn axe)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya GuyInFreezer and welcome to the forums. :D I didn't realize you were Yeong at first due to the different nickname earlier lol, although when I saw the Starcraft II and 2010 thing, I became suspicious :P

Anyway I'm glad you are back in the community, I thought you had lost interest or something in 2013 D:

I haven't programmed Axe in a long while, though, so I wouldn't be able to help. I switched back to pure BASIC on monochrome models (although I finished Supersonic Ball) before moving on to color calculators and hybrid BASIC again.

Also we got a programming contest, but there are only 7 days left :P

Anyway I hope you stick around :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

caleb1997

Quote from: JWinslow23 on December 13, 2015, 08:43:08 PM
Quote from: kegwaan on December 13, 2015, 08:32:20 PM
Hello, I'm kegwaan. I'm in the eighth grade (too young?), I enjoy video games and a few TV/movie series.
I started calculator programming in the seventh grade, you're not too young ;)

I started in 4th grade.
  • Calculators owned: CSE, CE

gogogoluke

Quote from: caleb1997 on January 14, 2016, 09:27:03 PM
Quote from: JWinslow23 on December 13, 2015, 08:43:08 PM
Quote from: kegwaan on December 13, 2015, 08:32:20 PM
Hello, I'm kegwaan. I'm in the eighth grade (too young?), I enjoy video games and a few TV/movie series.
I started calculator programming in the seventh grade, you're not too young ;)

I started in 4th grade.

I started in 8th grade with a TI-84+CSE, nobody here is too young.
  • Calculators owned: HP Prime, TI-84CSE
HP Prime, TI-84+CSE
Former Minecraft server owner
HP Prime enthusiast.

semiprocoder

I sort of started in 6th grade with a ti 84, but I really started this year with my ti nspire(which, for now, I can't program :().
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah it depends usually. Most people starts at 14-16 but some starts younger. I started at 14 just before turning 15 but I started posting on forums when I turned 17.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Leviathn

Hi, I'm Leviathn, just joining cause luke is making me.

Leviathn

So do I just make the 5 posts in order to gain access to the server?

Leviathn

Also where do I enter my Minecraft username?

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya @Leviathn and welcome to CodeWalrus. I hope you stick around. Just as a reminder, we frown upon double or triple posting unless it has been a while since the last post, so it's recommended to use the modify button instead. :)

Also you have to enter your Minecraft username in your profile on CW forums.

Leviathn

@DJ Omnimaga OK, sorry about that. I didn't realize there was an edit option. Plus Luke's bugging me to join and I've been putting it off.

gogogoluke

@Leviathn I have not been bugging you, I just simply told you that no, I would not open a LAN world, as I was working on my Skyscraper. Regardless, welcome to Codewalrus, and I hope you have a good time here.

'
  • Calculators owned: HP Prime, TI-84CSE
HP Prime, TI-84+CSE
Former Minecraft server owner
HP Prime enthusiast.

JWinslow23

Welcome, Leviathn! If you know the right IRC channel and server to log on to, you don't need a CW account and 5 posts to go on IRC ;)

Also, is there any chance you could learn TI-83/84+ BASIC? Programmable calculators open a whole world of possibilities, and I think you'd do well to start exploring what is possible :D

kegwaan

Welcome to Codewalrus, Leviathn! Just out of curiosity, what programming experience do you have? Even if it's none, you could probably ask one of us to help you learn. Well, probably not me because I can barely program, but there's a lot of advanced users here who can help guide you through the processes.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

Dudeman313

I feel pretty stupid so far on this forum; I'm already a recently registered Omnimaga user, I accidently named myself Dudeman3131 instead of Dudeman313, and I can't figure out how to change my picture or signature. I'm stupid. :(
BTW, this is my 1st post as a CW user.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."