Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

General site updates, TODO list and discussion

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 12, 2014, 07:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

novenary

Dudeman313

• Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

The site navigation have been updated:

-A direct link to recent posts page has been added for easier access on mobile devices.
-An extra download link has been added to reflect the change to the downloads section.
-An arcade link has been added
-CSS has been altered to accomodate the changes
-Unfortunately, I am unable to make the navigation display on two lines on mobile for administrators (for regular members it only shows 2 lines). I tried various things, to no avail, so should IRC/arcade/about be replaced with Misc/Other and grouped together? Otherwise, maybe @Streetwalrus might know a way since he made the theme mobile-friendly.
-The Microcat sub-forum has also been updated to reflect the changes above.

Changes to download section:
-Utilities are now split from games. So you can now upload math programs as you wish (providing they're not redundant stuff. For example, we don't need 3 quadratic solvers)
-A music section (which redirects to my Bandcamp) has been added.

Thanks juju for uploading my changes.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

novenary

Depends on the size of your screen, for me the navbar is only two lines on both of my phones (though I've changed the internal screen size, on my Nexus 4 it's 3 lines at the stock size).

aetios

QuoteUnfortunately, I am unable to make the navigation display on two lines on mobile for administrators (for regular members it only shows 2 lines). I tried various things, to no avail, so should IRC/arcade/about be replaced with Misc/Other and grouped together? Otherwise, maybe @Streetwalrus might know a way since he made the theme mobile-friendly.
For me it's 2 lines but like streetwalrus I made the internal screen bigger so everything gets rendered smaller.  I don't think any admins really mind it.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

On my Nexus 5, it's 3 lines, but only the Logout link shows on the 3rd line.

Not that I really mind but it's a little annoying since it hides parts of the logo. <.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

More file archives fixes:

-Files now sorted properly. It was just a matter of editing titles. Here is how to make sure files are sorted properly:

1) Put the main platform before the title, inside a tag, then put the secondary platforms after the title inside tags. Tags will show last regardless.
2) All files for 1 primary platforms must either have a space between the first tag and the title, or none at all.

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I planned to add it but we didn't have a non-game section until now. If we start getting many utilities I'll probably split it into educational programs and programming/drawing tools.

Dudeman313

Alright.

I saw the new things on the top bar there. Cool! :)
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Yay! I was unsure about if they would update automatically so I just used the trick where you add ?something21 at the end of the CSS URL in the PHP templates and it forced users to reload cache.

The next step I think will be to add a strip of calc screenshots in the Welcome box on the front page. Either one larger strip of releases and a smaller one showcasing past/present projects as a way to show what can be done on old-school platforms and what we like to make, or just the larger one. Of course the strip will be zoomed out to allow more screenshots on one line (it might just be one large image containing large screenshots).

Dream of Omnimaga

Front page update:

-I now added a strip of screenshots in the Welcome to CW box that contains games from the downloads section. I will add more screenshots to it soon (eg Androides and Crystann). There will also be a second screenshot strip in the future that includes some past and present CW member projects to show what kind of stuff we program.

Dudeman313

Nice, but it's kinda hard to see from my display.  :-|
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I noticed on mobile. I'll make it in two lines

Yuki

That or put all the screenshots individually so on mobile it'll decide automatically how many lines to make.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here