* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: General site updates, TODO list and discussion  (Read 137648 times)

Offline _iPhoenix_

• Super User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +12/-1
  • █████ ▼ ♪ Best music ♫
    • @dj_iPhoenix
    • @UCytgMNPxAMDsxjimvxHf01w
    • @the-legend-of-iphoenix
Re: General site updates, TODO list and discussion
« Reply #990 on: November 11, 2017, 03:30:19 pm »
x-post

I just want to say that, despite all initial precautions, I love CW and there are many talented programmers here.

I do have a few observations/suggestions about CW, all of which are constructive criticism.

1) It seems CW has shifted focus away from programming. (Which isn’t 100% horrible)
2) It seems that there are less and less people there, which may be related to the first observation.
3) I think the community should be a bit more family-friendly, maybe not 100%, but maybe a subforum for not so family-friendly content that is hidden, like the safe-haven one. (And, you can opt in/out of seeing it)

Don’t get me wrong, CW is still an amazing place for art, music, and programming, but I think it could be better.

I have noticed a general trend of negative attitude towards CW going up, and I think it is almost all related to these three things ;)

Just trying to help  :)
  • Calculators owned: A sentient TI-84+ CE, TI-85
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: TI-99/4a home computer
Help me with a project by voting here! Thanks!

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games