Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Slender Sprite Request (or Palette Request)

Started by ACagliano, March 26, 2017, 04:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACagliano

So after trying time and time again to run TokenIDE using wine and mono for the BasicColors palette, I am finally giving up on this program. Therefore I need either a sprite maker who can run TokenIDE, a version of TokenIDE that works on OSX, or the BasicColors palette (as a file?) for me to import into Gimp.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ CE

p2

osX, so u most likely use a macbook pro (same here).
In that case I recommend splitting your SSD in two and create a rather small (maybe 100gb) partition with windows7 on it :)
(boot manager lets u switch between the two OSes when holding OPTION (ALT) while booting).

Also make sure you installed the additional libraries for wine. On osX wine is really terribly hard to setup with everything u need >.<
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

ACagliano

I realized I don't need TokenIDE, thats for something else.
I created a set of sprites, but I'm thinking I'll split them into two sprite sets... one for environment, one for objects or entities. The environment sprites will be 16x16 and the object/entities sprites will be 8x16 (objects/entities would be page locations and slenderman. Environment sprites would be the wall, fence, rock, etc).

I've enclosed a zip of the sprite set i've made so far. Sizes may have to be adjusted. Can someone who is better with pixel art than me PLEASE touch these up, because imo these are embarrasing.

p2

hmmm how many colors can you use and is transparency fine as well? :)

also... dont u need pictures of full trees, not just the logs...?
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

ACagliano

256 colors I can use. And yea, i do need all of the tree.

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

well im not around any computer with a remotely good drawing program, but I'll give it a try :)

the trees, what dimension should they have?
with leaves?
dark wood? bright wood?
green leaves? black leaves?
give me as detailed info on everything ss possible pls ;)

ACagliano

These are CE sprites, yes.

My sprites are 16x16 for the environment, such as walls, fences, and things like that.
The sprites for objects are different. Trees, the dead trees (from slender t8p), the silo, and rocks will end up being tall sprites. I had 8x16 in mind.
The car/oil tanker will probably be a weird size, likely wider than taller.

As far as the environment, keep in mind these sprites should appear as if they are being viewed at night. Now, I suppose I could always apply a darkening mask to the screen. Or darken the sprites. Not sure which route to go. The trees should be spruce trees, so darker leaves. I'll need a redd-ish brick wall sprite and a white/blue wall too. The red version should be included in the zip, but will need to be resized.