* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: Jumpman Resurrected  (Read 4305 times)

Offline Lionel Debroux

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +11/-0
    • debrouxl
    • 58/5891
Re: Jumpman Resurrected
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2017, 06:36:20 am »
Don't worry, few people realize how much BSS suck. Getting rid of BSS is one of the optimizations I performed most often on other authors' programs, so BSS removal ended up being more clearly featured in my TICT S1P9 optimization tutorial :)

Usually, when code doesn't work with optimization turned on, it's a bug, so you were right to fix DrawSelectScreen.

Inlining the functions saved a bit of space, but much less than compiling with -Os + getting rid of BSS, so yeah, it's not that important to do so.

I produced no less than two releases of TI-Chess where I had left in an asm("0: bra.s 0b") infinite debugging loop, forgetting to restore collision detection is less of a problem than that :)

Did you switch to GCC4TI for building ? GCC4TI's SAVE_SCREEN support is 16 bytes smaller.

Oh, and for adding 92+/V200 support, you should use fully separate builds. Compatible builds with optimized calc consts are usually a disaster for optimization, too.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games