Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Yay my decks arrived!!!

Started by kotu, October 31, 2016, 10:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotu

• Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Yuki

Oooh, nice DJ deck. Looking to do some dank mixes?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Those look great. :D How much did they cost?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

Quote from: Juju on November 01, 2016, 04:51:26 AM
Oooh, nice DJ deck. Looking to do some dank mixes?

looking to try and mix

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 01, 2016, 04:53:13 AM
Those look great. :D How much did they cost?

a lot
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

aetios

Wew, that's pretty damn awesome! :D
ceci n'est pas une signature

kotu

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, how do you find your decks so far since you got them? Are they easy to use? Would you feel comfortable about mixing stuff in real-time or do you mess up often?

On a side note, I wonder if many people still DJ on vinyl-based decks? I remember around 2007 that it still seemed to be common, but I was always wondering how those DJ's managed to acquire that many songs since I doubt everyone release their songs on vinyl records anymore

For the most part I just used softwares like Mixmeister or even Audacity to mix stuff, but that wasn't very reliable sometimes. In one of my old mixes, you can clearly hear the songs getting out of sync at one point near the end and the volume varies quite a bit during transitions, such as around the 29:46 mark of this mix (early 2007):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjIVBqubAKE

It didn't help that most of my songs were not mixable, though. (some of my newer ones are, but not all)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 30, 2016, 03:59:22 AM
By the way, how do you find your decks so far since you got them? Are they easy to use? Would you feel comfortable about mixing stuff in real-time or do you mess up often?

On a side note, I wonder if many people still DJ on vinyl-based decks? I remember around 2007 that it still seemed to be common, but I was always wondering how those DJ's managed to acquire that many songs since I doubt everyone release their songs on vinyl records anymore
The decks are really good, and easy to use. That dougal & gammer mix was recorded live without sync, but normally i mess up once every 20-30 minutes

I think drum'n'bass DJs prefer vinyl because of something to do with the sound and the way it is mastered.

p2

dj? sorry to say it like that but...
you're AWESOME at making songs <3
but ur better at making songs than at mixing your songs  :ninja:

(its not that bad and I admit most of the songs are hard to mix xD but still its true ^^)
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

p2 lol true. But also I kinda prefer making my own songs anyway. :P Notice how I only made about two covers/remixes of other people's songs since 2009 :P

Quote from: kotu on December 30, 2016, 04:01:58 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 30, 2016, 03:59:22 AM

The decks are really good, and easy to use. That dougal & gammer mix was recorded live without sync, but normally i mess up once every 20-30 minutes

I think drum'n'bass DJs prefer vinyl because of something to do with the sound and the way it is mastered.
Aah thanks for the explanation. To be honest, I kinda like vinyl more because if played on a good vinyl player there is no quality loss compared to digital recordings, but I don't have money allocated to buying turntables or a record player, so I have to settle for CD's.

However, a lot of DJs seem to use vinyl records that are dirty, scratched like mad or poorly-maintained needles because the cracks and pops seems much more noticeable.

kotu

I always thought I would prefer vinyl but now I am a convert to this type of deck (they run off a USB stick)

Dream of Omnimaga

I hope there's no lag or cut offs while recording O.O

kotu

everything seems fine on it

i think the mixer is 100% digital

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah my concern was more on the computer side, especially if someone has a very slow co.puter

kotu

My ones work without any connection to a computer EXCEPT the phono lead when i use the pc to record a mix