Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What are you listening to?

Started by Yuki, January 04, 2015, 09:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Caleb Hansberry

been listening to
http://779music.bandcamp.com/
I remember posting it on Omnimaga as well but not here.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

Dream of Omnimaga

@Unicorn the first video doesn't work for me. As for other Blue Oyster Songs, for some reasons I only seem to like their stuff that sounds more heavy metal or hard rock, like that one song you shared over a year ago.

@Caleb I remember that. For some reasons it didn't appeal to me much, though. Some sounded like remixes of Crazybus theme <_<, but it's fun to see artists experiment, in this case, with 8 bits chiptunes, and I'm curious about what they'll come up with in the future.

By the way, did you guys know that new italo-disco music is still being made? Most new songs are of the slower type of it, though, rather than Hi-NRG/pre-eurobeat material, but I like what some artists came up with. This song in particular is quite cool IMHO, plus if you skip past 1:40 it even features electric guitar :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIZwq2d2pzk

I wish italo disco used rock guitars more often, like Radiorama did. This song in particular even has a solo.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

I was totally expecting an actual rickroll, like in this video <_<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf79MCuQ8jM
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Nah, when I rickroll people it's the real deal. And thankfully, Rick Astley seems to do quite a lot of covers in his shows. :P
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

novenary

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way @Streetwalrus the new Sabaton album is out I think. It's called The Last Stand. :3=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVW5rjA5O7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jTgkTEDDog

Also is it me or the drums in the 2nd song above are gun shots?

Dream of Omnimaga

* DJ Omnimaga wonders if @Streetwalrus and @aeTIos listened to the new Sabaton album? My favorite songs are The Lost Battalion, which showed a while ago, and Rorke's Drift, although it sounds very similar to "Into the Fire" "We Burn". I also like  the song The Last Stand a lot, especially the final chorus. I would say, overall, that this album feels slower, but maybe they were going for a different style since they're doing more and more songs that are not about World War II.

In comparison to Rorke's Drift here is We Burn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8ZdrbEwqkk

And Into the Fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSvTAJiTUfE

I'm willing to bet that when the band will headline concert lineups that Rorke's Drift will replace Into the Fire.

novenary

I can't really listen to it, I only have 20GB of mobile data for the month.

Dream of Omnimaga

No Internet yet? I hope you aren't stuck with 3G for 3 months like when you last moved O.O. I can't even watch Youtube on 3G because it kills my data cap.

Yuki

Quote from: Streetwalrus on August 24, 2016, 05:54:50 AM
I only have 20GB of mobile data for the month.
That's a lot compared to here.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

aetios

Then again he has to do everything with that as they have no home internet subscription (yet)
ceci n'est pas une signature