Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What are you listening to?

Started by Yuki, January 04, 2015, 09:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

To be honest I never got much into Yelo Molo but some songs were still fun to listen to back then. I also liked his covers of various 80's animes

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

• Calculators owned: A lot.

Yuki

YOLOing before the time, those hipsters.

And yeah, I absolutely loved their anime covers.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

My favorite is the Goldorak Noam cover. The MXoG one is nice too although the trumpet is a little out of place during the chorus.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

I like Led Zeppelin and AC/DC. Especially when it's played on the ukulele.
...And she's buying a stairway to heaven...

Recordings:
Don't Stop Believing by Journey
Dream On by Aerosmith
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait did you play in those clips? I actually like the result :). Also I don't listen as much to AC/DC since it's not enough metal for my tastes but it's still very fun to listen to sometimes, especially at parties and I would like to go to an AC/DC concert at one point. And Led Zeppelin is just unreal.

Unicorn

Yup, I did play in those. We also did Stairway to Heaven but I don't have a recording at this time. I was a soloist for Dream On. :D
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok. I like them. Too bad you have no recording of Stairway to Heaven. One of my favorite ballad.

Unicorn

Yeah, I think our school taped the whole concert, so I can cut out the stairway part when I get it.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok good luck getting an hold of that part. :)

And they taped it? O.O Do you just mean recorded or do they literally still use cassette recorders at your school?

Unicorn

Yeah, cassetes :P Not really.
I usually listen to 60s 80s and 70s music. Mostly because of influence from my dad.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok. To be honest, though, I noticed that when some people are young they tend to only really listen to the stuff their parents listen to and if they do not like it, then they don't get much interested into music. It's really when they get older and start listening to other radio stations or go on Youtube ourselves that they begin discovering even more stuff. But some people are lucky, as they'll actually like what their parents listen to a lot. In my case, it's mostly the 80's music that I liked and to a lesser extent some 90's dance stuff, but besides that I really discovered my favorite genres at school, with friends or on my own. I even remember trying to be careful to not buy metal with harsh vocals or explicit stuff, in case my parents would not like, but when they discovered what metal really was they were ok with my choices, although they didn't listen to that kind of music. :P

Unicorn

Yeah, that is true. I also like dubstep and I don't like the modern "pop" music.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I used to listen to Nostalgie with my grand-mom when I was at her home. It's a radio with old 60-80s songs. Yeah, these eras still have good music.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.