Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

HARDWIRED... TO SELF-DESTRUCT

Started by novenary, August 19, 2016, 12:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novenary

That shouldn't matter, the artists have their say in it.

Yuki

Well yeah, ultimately it depends of the guy who does the mastering. Sometimes the artists don't want to get in his way, sometimes it's the complete opposite. Reminds me of ...And Justice for All who had no bass.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

In any case, if I was an artist and was not too worried about money, if a label or masterer wanted to decide how my stuff sounds like then I would switch <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

Well, for metallica that's probably true but if I were just starting out I'd leave mastering to a professional. @Streetwalrus has an example of what happens if your mix is c.
ceci n'est pas une signature

novenary

Oh yeah, haha. I found a power/heavy metal album a few days ago by a (very unkown) French band, the mix is really crappy and combined with the lack of experience from the band members it makes the whole thing pretty mediocre even though there is some potential. You should be able to find some of it on youtube, the band is Arés and the album title is About Metal.

Dream of Omnimaga

Listen to Tricky Beans - Blackout for an example of bad mixing XD (they're now called Sonata Arctica)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

novenary

Hahaha nice one. There was something similar for death magnetic tuned way down as well.

aetios

Dream of Omnimaga

kotu

why does he stab his drums at the end it doesn't seem very professional. i would say he doesn't know what he's doing
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

aetios

Quote from: kotu on October 31, 2016, 09:38:13 PM
why does he stab his drums at the end it doesn't seem very professional. i would say he doesn't know what he's doing
(not sure if /s)
It's Lars, such things are to be expected. I think the very tight drumming during the song serves as a testimony for his drumming.

novenary

It's great. My favorite so far is still Moth into Flame, but the album is very promising. Hype! :D

kotu

Quote from: aeTIos on October 31, 2016, 09:49:07 PM
Quote from: kotu on October 31, 2016, 09:38:13 PM
(not sure if /s)
It's Lars, such things are to be expected. I think the very tight drumming during the song serves as a testimony for his drumming.
i think he just got lucky, and at the end he was trying his hardest to play the drums correctly
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here