Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

HARDWIRED... TO SELF-DESTRUCT

Started by novenary, August 19, 2016, 12:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novenary

Dream of Omnimaga

It was about time :D, the last one was in 2008 lol. Anyway I listened to this song and it's amazing. It totally reminds me of Battery and Damage Inc. Glad they still do trash metal stuff :)

Now the question, though: How the hell do you buy a new Metallica album in Quebec City and Montreal? Because it's gonna sell out in minutes for sure. >.< (I mean, IMAX over here still had Through the Never showtimes as late as 2015 despite the movie failing at box office everywhere else. Quebec City IMAX theater alone made 10% of the movies ticket sales for North America for 2013)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

I already posted about it in another thread, but yeh, that sounds really amazing. Can't wait for the full album.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow someone redid a small portion of Hardwired but using the sound of their first five albums. It's a video with five different song snippets and my favorites are Ride the Lightning and Masters of Puppets. Imagine if Metallica did a recording of that song using their original drums and mixing O.O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE2rgWFAO2A

I am curious about how it would have sounded like in Load, Reload, Coca-cola can and Death Magnetic style, though. Or even Lulu.

ALso I seriously hope HMV doesn't mess up this release. In Quebec City they really need to stock up as high as they can on CDs.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Load and Reload are quite similar to the black album in style, the song is already in Death Magnetic style too (and the album is supposed to be a sequel to it).

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok. I noticed they were kinda similar, mixing-wise, but I also thought RTL and MOP were similar to each others so I was kinda surprised at hearing the differences. Also I disagree about Death Magnetic, because in order to sound like Death Magnetic they would have to open the song in Audacity and increase its volume until clipping happens, then save as 96 kbps MP3. :P

aetios

ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

I agree, I can't wait for the album. I hope the fast song wasn't just a tease and that the rest won't be like Load lol. It's my 3rd least favorite albums from them, behind St-Anger (although if it wasn't for the snare I might like it more) and Lulu. I like Reload, though, so I wouldn't mind if they went with that style. I also really hope the final mixing won't be the same as Death Magnetic.

novenary

New song incoming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iprubvCfdM
Even better than the first one, I'm getting pumped.

Yuki

Aw yes, another good song. This album is gonna be great.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome song :O. The only worry I have is that the kickdrum sounds similar to Death Magnetic. I hope the mixing won't end up being the same as DM. At least this version sounds clean per Youtube standard. Metallica seems to be back to their roots ^.^

:walrii:

novenary

I love Death Magnetic, at first I couldn't hear the problems in the official album then I listened to a fan remaster which sounds amazing. Definitely one of my favorite albums.

Yuki

Well, I know the fashion for the last few years goes for really loud sound mastering. One of my teachers made a case against letting your sound clip past 0 dB (to the point the soundwave would nearly look like a filled rectangle and you don't wan't that), I hope Metallica won't mess up this time. But you never know.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

novenary

Well to be fair it's not directly their fault, they weren't there to oversee the mastering.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah true. I wonder if they can have influence, though? After all, don't they run their own label?