Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CEmu

Started by MateoConLechuga, December 30, 2015, 08:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I see. I didn't realize it was transfer-related. I thought it was a newnbug with menus.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Adriweb

Quote from: Adriweb on November 14, 2016, 08:18:43 PM
BTW, I've started Lua scripting integration:

Though what I think will be the most interesting is events-based things: the script could register/subscribe to some events (GUI or core ones), and do stuff when they fire.

Some updates:
- Other bindings
- Syntax Highlighting
- An REPL Lua tab

• Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Adriweb

I've just added quite a few new Lua bindings, for things like GUI/emu/debug/autotester/etc. features.

For instance:

or...:

Source: https://github.com/CE-Programming/CEmu/commit/a2675e86f36717fed7aa23077b1b5526f36dc87c
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice Adriweb. :) I wonder... how well does CEmu's automatic program loading on TI-Planet work? For example, can it detect if a file must be archived or not if in the zip file it's inside a folder called Flash or Archive? Also would the emulator be easy to integrate on other sites like CodeWalrus?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Adriweb

If I remember correctly, it's just calling the linking routine with the parameter to let the file itself decide if it should go to archive or ram (since there's a flag for that in the var header). Which also means that (in a perfect world :P) there shouldn't be archives with such directories, it's better if it's within the files already.
On TI-Planet it's extracting the zip on the server-side if needed, or just sending the thing if it's not an .zip.
It shouldn't be that hard to do the same on CW, though if you end up doing it, you might as well wait for an update, since there will have to be one (better keypad, libs transfer, some bugs to fix, etc.)

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok. Back in the days TI Graph Link did not keeep such flag intact so all my old games had the RAM flag on by default or not at all IIRC. Even with TI-Connect, though, we usually tried to flag our programs as RAM files all the time, because back then, the only decent 83+ emulator available (PindurTI) did not accept files with the archive flag on.

Also yeah we are not in a big hurry. Besides, first we need to start splitting the archives per category because we're starting to have many games listed there, especially for the CE and regular 84+. Also yeah to be honest, while the online CEmu is awesome, I find the keypad to be a serious issue because it only uses the computer mouse, not keyboard, making it impossible to play games such as Oiram. Our only request for such emu on CW, though, would be that the user is forced to provide his own ROM image to use it and that it never gets stored on the server, since our site is hosted in the United States of DMCA.

Adriweb

CEmu v1.3 has been released!

Quite a big changelog - happy emulating!

________________________________________________________________________________

In other news, some time ago, for fun (until it's much cleaner and integrated properly with the rest), I've made a ti-basic live execution viewer thingy [...][/quote]

MateoConLechuga has since picked up the work I left there, and did quite some improvements to the code, while also adding awesome features :)

We now have:
  • A new part of the GUI (not yet finalized ...) dedicated to TI-Basic debugging
  • A visualizer (with highlighting) of the currently running TI-Basic code (and the contents of the temporary parser, in the tab next to it)
  • The ability to see the current execution "live", or the current fetch (what the parser looks at then run - not necessarily very useful, but why not)
  • The ability to pause and step / step next
There is more to come, and probably soon: GUI additions (most notably, variables and their current values), and breakpoints on TI-Basic code...

A quick preview:

If you want to try, it's on this branch: https://github.com/CE-Programming/CEmu/tree/feature/basic-dbg

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice update for TI-BASIC programmers :O