Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Post your game purchases and collection!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 24, 2014, 07:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok so I didn't have time to do this until now, but here is now a video game pickups thread. I thought that the previous title led to confusion, though, so I made it clearer.

Anyway my latest find is Bases Loaded 3 for the NES in complete condition (although the foam inside the box is missing). I also got Robocop 3 for the SNES and Drakengard 2 a while ago and soon I am planning to get an Xbox One. I think my bro might get SSBU but he's not sure yet.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

Here's a list of games and consoles I have:
NES:
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros. 3
Kirby's Adventure
DuckTales
Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
Swords and Serpents
SNES:
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
F-Zero
Micro Machines
Striker

PC:
Old Stuff: (AKA I have a disk)
Asterix: The Gallic War
Supreme Snowboarding
Port Royale 2
Airport Tycoon 2 (ew, never pick this up)

Games I have on steam or other digital platforms that I like (AKA recommended games)
Kerbal Space Program
Portal | Portal 2
Rome: Total War | Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion | Rome: Total War Alexander
Medieval 2 Total War | Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms
Shogun 2 Total War
Super Hexagon
Faster Than Light
and maybe a few more but I don't play them as much.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Kirby Adventure is awesome. It almost looks like a SNES game sometimes. Btw another NES game I like is Ghost N Goblins but it's very hard. Super Ghouls N Ghosts for the SNES is even harder, though.

I should post my collection at one point, but it will take a very long while since I have like 100+ retro games. >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

I need to get some more consoles before I start collecting games. But again, I might also purchase the hardware then try to hack it. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Streetwalrus on November 26, 2014, 12:50:11 PM
I need to get some more consoles before I start collecting games. But again, I might also purchase the hardware then try to hack it. :P
Do you have a Wii? Because Juju used to hack it.

As for myself there are games I got that I don't have the console for. For example, I got one Xbox One game (Halo) and one Sega Saturn game (Sega Rally) but nothing to run them yet. :P

novenary

I don't have a Wii but I might get a Wii U at one point. :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah right, I am unsure if the Wii U can be hacked right now. Since it's like the Xbox 360 and PS3 in terms of DLC and some online features, I fear you could get banned if you mod the console or hack it, so it would be best that if you ever hack it that you keep it disconnected from the Internet or something. I don't know much about Wii U stuff, though, but I remember that it could happen on Xbox Live.

On the other hand, the Wii U can run Wii games and is compatible with the Wiimote, plus now there's a Gamecube-like gamepad for SSB for Wii U. It's the only new gen console that is backwards compatible with physical games from the previous generation.

novenary

Interesting facts about the U :
-It's hackable in Wii mode thanks to the same game exploits as on the Wii
-This allows to run GameCube games
-The new "SSB gamepad" is an actual GC pad (you can plug it into a GC and it'll work), Nintendo made a USB adapter for the U
-Hackers are working their way out of Wii mode just like on the Wii with GC mode back in the days (I know it's already possible to unlock the CPU for Linux to use the extra power, no idea about GPU/RAM etc)

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah nice I didn't know it was still hackable at the Wii level. I guess that could help then. And lol if you could run GC games from there that would be epic. It was  a shame that the Wii U lacked that option by default, seeing it has the Wii menu.

And I see. I didn't know the gamepad was like this. It's nice that they did this at least.

novenary

All that is because Nintendo is awsome. :P The Xbox One and PS4 are not really worth buying anymore (except for a few exclusivities most of their games are also available on PC and you can get a better PC for the same price). But the Wii U has all them Nintendo licenses and it's better than the PS3 so it's totally worth the 300 bucks to me. :)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Neither if the three consoles interests me... I'm quite happy with my computer and my retro consoles. The PS4 and XOne are PC under the console hood and the Wii U is too expensive for what is it IMO...
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Street I personally have no interest in the PS4 because of the lack of exclusives, but I am interested in the Xbox One because it's the only console on which you can get Forza 5 and Halo Master Chief Collection. As for the Wii U it was mostly for the Nintendo exclusives but yeah I think it's too expensive for a Nintendo console. Normally, Nintendo consoles drop under $200 after 1 year.

novenary

Yeah even the Wii was cheaper. But again the U stated at $500 or so. I guess they can't sell it lower because the 3DS is like $170 and it's selling very well.

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually the Wii U launched at $349.99 for the deluxe (and current) set, while the basic set launched at $299.99. The basic set had no pack-in game and lower diskspace and it was discontinued shortly after release.

IIRC the Wii launched around those prices and even increased for a while, but then it quickly dropped to under $200.

I think Nintendo decided to wait before lowering Wii U prices, since they figured that Mario Kart, Hyrule Warriors, SSB and Zelda 2015 would dope their sales. They'll probably lower the price if sales are lower than expected even with those games.

As for the 3DS it started at $250, but sales were poor and Nintendo dropped the price at $170 just a few months after release.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

But they offered some games to alleviate the pain for the ones who paid the day one release. Show me another gamencompany which does the same!
  • Calculators owned: A lot.