Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

My Basic Program "Hello" Progress and Stuffs

Started by xMarminq_, November 11, 2016, 01:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xMarminq_

I am working on a project that is a game of choice, like a choose your own adventure.

I'm new so let me know how I can edit things for less space or better features.

Not gonna release the files though...
Not yet...

Working on
-More plot
-Cutscenes (YUP)
-Character Development
-Color text (IDK how to do and can non-letters (#s,( and !) be colored?)
-Title
-Choice of name (only one is Egglet, don't judge me on that one. Teach me how to make the ability to have player choose name)

Things I foonished  :)
-First cutscenes
-First choice
-First dialouge
-First charcater
-Dialouge Speed
-Minigames?

Space it currently takes
About 3k

Wish me luck!
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

c4ooo

Pics or it didn't happen ;)

As for names, you could do Input "Enter Name",Str1, and then later refer to the name as Str1. (For example, Disp "How are you,"+Str1)

Dream of Omnimaga

For colored letters, you need to use the graphical screen, so you need the Text() command. Output() lacks colored text support, unless you use the CE Textlib library on ticalc.org (First Fantasy: Mana Force uses it, so you could look at the code).

What will be the character names and story overall?
Quote from: c4ooo on November 11, 2016, 02:28:43 AM
Pics or it didn't happen ;)

As for names, you could do Input "Enter Name",Str1, and then later refer to the name as Str1. (For example, Disp "How are you,"+Str1)
I usually put this in a Repeat Lenght(Str1)<10 loop or something, so that people don't put in extremely long names that breaks the game display.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

xMarminq_

Does display do coordinates?
Whats str1? Didn't find it on my catalog.

Snektron

If you want to print at coordinates, you should use the Output( command instead. Str1 is  a string ( a piece of text) and you can find it under Vars -> String -> Str...
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

xMarminq_

But I want a color character at a coordinate  :'(
What are the getkey and what buttons go to the getkey number (Is it a number?)?

WholeWheatBagels

Living in another world to you.

Also in case you were wondering Frankie did go to Hollywood

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: xMarminq_ on November 12, 2016, 06:24:18 PM
But I want a color character at a coordinate  :'(

TextColor(COLOR
Text(Y,X,String

Example

TextColor(13:Text(12,23,"HELLO

Will display Hello at (23,12) in pink color.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

xMarminq_

I am working on a project that is a game of choice, like a choose your own adventure, for the Ti-84 Plus CE.

I'm new so let me know how I can edit things for less space or better features.

CHANGELOG

Working on
-More plot (Planned but not implemented)
-Cutscenes
-Character Development
-Color text (IDK how to do and can non-letters (#s,( and !) be colored?)
-Animated Title

Things I foonished  :)
-First cutscenes
-First choice
-First dialouge
-First charcater
-Dialouge Speed Choice
-Demo (duh)
-Choice of name
-Text cutting (word cut off by end of calc)

Space it currently takes: About 3.6k, planned to be 30k (Compacter pls)

Wish me luck!

Enjoy The Demo!

Demo is to be used by mature (not @kotu) people for use, edits, and suggestions for me.
(Suggestive text use and arrangement)

kotu

• Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

xMarminq_

Just pokes
:)

Any suggestions?
8)

p2

you can always try to reduce size by reusinggraphics and stuff (use the string twice instead or setting it over and over again and stuff like that) :)
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

xMarminq_

p2

not yet as I have no emulator nor linking program available right now.. :(
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)