Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Cool HTML and CSS

Started by CKH4, February 21, 2015, 05:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

I like it :). One issue I noticed, though, is how the need new account lacks a question mark, which kinda looks weird.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

Thanks I fixed it, is there anything else I should fix?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Nothing that I can think of at the moment. That said, I am curious if the blue color scheme might be misleading, considering Google got rid of blue on Gmail and never actually used that particular hue before?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

I could change it but the current login is blue themed as well. My other options would be grey, greyblue or purple I guess. I think that next I'm going to work on making it look better on mobile.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

The checkboxes are left untouched on Firefox, sadly. FOr colors, you have this color list here : http://www.google.com/design/spec/resources/color-palettes.html
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

CKH4

Yes sorry Eiyeron. I didn't use the -moz prefix. I will go back and fix it but probably not until tomorrow. If you want to remind me just post here. I probably will not be looking too much at wirc.

Snektron

Ah yes i love the google swatches. I get my colors for most of my android stuff there :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

THat's the intended point of this swatch, actually. :|
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

CKH4

So I tried really lots to fix it on Firefox but no luck. I have very little knowledge of the -moz prefix and it may handle stuff differently than -WebKit. I'll keep trying but I've already tried swapping in -moz and using a prefix fixer.

CKH4

So here is something I've been working on because why not. It uses a little js from random stack overflow questions and is a little broken at higher resolutions.

http://codepen.io/CKH4/pen/eNWvZV

Edit. It was inspired by this and the fact that it sucks on mobile. http://codepen.io/SassyCrafter/pen/qdrJRN

DarkestEx

Quote from: CKH4 on June 07, 2015, 06:57:30 PM
So here is something I've been working on because why not. It uses a little js from random stack overflow questions and is a little broken at higher resolutions.

http://codepen.io/CKH4/pen/eNWvZV
Looks cool :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

CKH4

Thanks. Maybe when I get all the display kinks ironed out I'll use it for my website.

DarkestEx

Quote from: CKH4 on June 07, 2015, 07:22:07 PM
Thanks. Maybe when I get all the display kinks ironed out I'll use it for my website.
Yeah, that would be awesome! How do you like my page (Muessigb.net) btw?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

CKH4

I really like it. The nav needs to be bigger on mobile but the colors, emphasis and general theme work well.

Dream of Omnimaga

I actually like those effects in your page CKH4. You could maybe add them to the bottom as well but I don't know if this will make it harder to notice the stuff at the bottom.