You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

b/[Inactive] MinePrime (HP Prime) Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/Unicorn May 18, 2016, 03:49:07 AM
I would like to beta test!

Also, can we get some screenshots?
u/alexgt May 18, 2016, 04:12:16 AM
Quote from: Unicorn on May 18, 2016, 03:49:07 AM
I would like to beta test!

Also, can we get some screenshots?

Awesome!

And about the screenshots there isn't that much to screenshot right now but when I get some notable stuff I will definitely post some pics ;)
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 19, 2016, 08:00:09 PM
I would like to be beta-tester for sure. Just tell mr if I need OS 10077 (I'm not in an hurry to upgrade :P)
u/alexgt May 19, 2016, 08:50:27 PM
Awesome! I don't think you would have to upgrade but if you have persistent problems you might have to do so :/
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 19, 2016, 09:48:56 PM
Ah ok. I was asking since you were considering using alpha blending for lava and such.
u/alexgt May 20, 2016, 12:08:46 PM
Well that won't be for quite a while, and hat depends if it slows it down too much :P So for now I think you can use it on the old OS
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 20, 2016, 06:28:40 PM
Yay! By the way did you plan to send the demo soon?
u/alexgt May 20, 2016, 08:03:11 PM
I plan to send the demo out before the end of may (hopefully before the end of next week). That should give me time to implement some gameplay and stuff while sorting out very major and obvious bugs :P
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 21, 2016, 04:34:02 AM
Quote from: alexgt on May 20, 2016, 08:03:11 PM
I plan to send the demo out before the end of may (hopefully before the end of next week). That should give me time to implement some gameplay and stuff while sorting out very major and obvious bugs :P
May 2016? :trollface:

More seriously, I wish you good luck implementing all the stuff again. I hope this is the last rewrite >.<. Otherwise if there was for example a 4th rewrite then this could probably alienate some fans and make them stop reading the topic altogether (like what happened with Escheron, which has been under development for 9 years as a result of so many rewrites)
u/Dudeman313 May 21, 2016, 03:02:57 PM
Or like Pokemon Purple?
u/alexgt May 22, 2016, 01:36:33 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 21, 2016, 04:34:02 AM

More seriously, I wish you good luck implementing all the stuff again. I hope this is the last rewrite >.<. Otherwise if there was for example a 4th rewrite then this could probably alienate some fans and make them stop reading the topic altogether (like what happened with Escheron, which has been under development for 9 years as a result of so many rewrites)
Yes, May 2016 :P

And yeah, I noticed that only you and Dudeman were posting on here :P. But I have actually been making lots of progress, today I made a little mock up and was able to navigate through the world. And with that mock up it looks like 30 fps could be possible... but it could drop if I implement mobs (I have hardly any idea on how to do those :P). I am pushing to distribute closed BETA next weekend though, I just hope no game breaking bugs make themselves present xD
u/Dudeman313 May 22, 2016, 03:57:35 AM
Sounds good. Too bad I don't have an HP Prime or enough time to figure out how to use the free emulator.
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 22, 2016, 04:13:16 AM
Quote from: alexgt on May 22, 2016, 01:36:33 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 21, 2016, 04:34:02 AM

Yes, May 2016 :P

And yeah, I noticed that only you and Dudeman were posting on here :P. But I have actually been making lots of progress, today I made a little mock up and was able to navigate through the world. And with that mock up it looks like 30 fps could be possible... but it could drop if I implement mobs (I have hardly any idea on how to do those :P). I am pushing to distribute closed BETA next weekend though, I just hope no game breaking bugs make themselves present xD
Yeah that might have something to do with the HP Prime lack of popularity (we need to find a way to get the HP Prime coders to check forums other than HP museum :P) or perhaps game delays. But most people tend to not reply unless they have suggestions nowadays it seems. Considering it's the largest thread here I would say it's quite popular :P

I can't wait for the beta. Good luck fixing any bug left :)
u/Lionel Debroux May 22, 2016, 07:44:27 AM
Dudeman: there's nothing special about installing and using the computer version of the Prime software, which is not an emulator :)
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 22, 2016, 06:39:57 PM
I think he means he doesn't know how to use the calculator at all.
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators