Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on April 21, 2015, 11:33:58 PM
You need the connectivity kit then if you open it up and you have the emulator up you will see "HP Prime". Next drag down the menu and drag and drop the program to your program folder and it should appear in the program menu on the emulator :).
Oh I didn't know that. I thought you had to manually create an empty program then copy the code from the emulated file into the empty calc file.

Quote from: alexgt on April 22, 2015, 08:14:25 PM
once I get to my good computer I will try it out :) Thanks

EDIT: Next UPDATE will feature
- A moveable player that can be seen!
- Block collision!
- Maybe mining depends on how large bugs get xD
From experience, as soon as a Minecraft clone gets the ability to place blocks of any kind and removing them, that's enough to get people hooked to it ;D

Good luck on those feature additions!

Quote from: CKH4 on April 22, 2015, 09:42:21 PM
For my first attempt at a platformer I did pixel testing. You could drop through platforms that were 1 pixel thick but if it were thicker than that it wouldn't let you.
Yeah I use pxl-test for FFMF. Something you can do is to use two buffers and only pixel-test the buffer that has no background. 
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

Off topic:
For my RPG that's in progress I'm considering using L1 or something as a pxltest buffer with special shaped sprites for high accuracy collisions.

On topic:
Have you considered higher accuracy movement like 1/8 block instead of 1 block?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Not to derail the topic, but for your RPG you should make a topic about it, because I am curious about what are your plans and for which platform it is :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 22, 2015, 09:36:08 PM
Checking all blocks would be quite unefficient, though its what i did with my first platformer [Emoji51]

Well it's the only solution to avoid missing possible collisions. And i don't talk about checking the whole map but the tiles your player will cross through the movement.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Yeah i know, but i checked every block. Though i could have easily made it check only the possible blocks...

alexgt

Quote from: CKH4 on April 23, 2015, 01:12:05 AM
On topic:
Have you considered higher accuracy movement like 1/8 block instead of 1 block?
I could do that but I would have to increment the player by 1 block at a time but it could be possible with the camera I would just have to modify a small section (I think)

Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on April 23, 2015, 07:41:50 AM
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 22, 2015, 09:36:08 PM
Checking all blocks would be quite unefficient, though its what i did with my first platformer [Emoji51]

Well it's the only solution to avoid missing possible collisions. And i don't talk about checking the whole map but the tiles your player will cross through the movement.
I will be checking all possible blocks.
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Make sure to not check both directions at the same time when doing collision so if you move diagonally you can't go through two tiles that are diagonally aligned next to each others. :P

alexgt

^ Yup. EDIT: though it does not sense diagnol movement it just moves to the side then up/down in two sections so that won't be an issue :)

And @DJ Omnimaga I tried to implement the 320x240 GROB as the display but I couldn't use it with features like portals that I will add so I had to scrap that :(

Player movement is down pat right now I am revamping the entire world rendering system :)

Mining looks like it will be in the update after this one I just don't have the time and I want to give you guys something to test :)

Map will be implemented but tweaks will be made by your suggestions

Dream of Omnimaga

Aaah sorry to hear about the 320x240. How is the speed so far by the way?

Unicorn

I just tried it out with the Prime emulator, and wow, the textures and everything are amazing! Will the world be much bigger?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

When I make the planned 3D version it will hopefully have infinite worlds but right now this will be a copy of 2D minecraft in LUA for the Nspire just so I can turn out something and learn HPPL better because if I started coding a 3D game now it would SUCK :)

And DJ the speed is awesome when I have portals implemented I will have a variable to tell it how fast or slow to scroll the screen right now it is set to scroll 1/16 of a block but I could even have it scroll 1 block instantly so speed is fine :)

thanks for the help and support :)

Dream of Omnimaga

IMHO you should focus on the 2D version first, though, unless you really get many ideas and need to put them into code form for the 3D version.  Plus with a 2D version being completed, when you make the 3D version you would mostly need to worry about the 3D and speed side of things rather than having to worry about implementing everything else (although you would still need to implement the extra axis)

By the way, do you use the TICKS command to restrict the game speed? That can be handy if you want it to run at the same speed on both the emulator and calc. WAIT(<seconds>) also works, but it's not as accurate.

Snektron

Yeah i agree on you should focus on the 2d version first :)

Unicorn

Wait wut? 3D ? I thought 2D?

Unicorn is a confused walrus o.O :walrii:

Omagersh it didnt add an i :(
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???